We exist to help you enjoy the moments most important to you and yours by inspiring satisfying, stress-free meals fit for the way you live. We use the power of cooking to bring people together as the cornerstone of realizing each person’s full potential–in the home and in life.
Part of Berkshire Hathaway, Pampered Chef is the premier direct seller of high-quality kitchen tools. At cooking shows, our independent consultants help guests use our unique products to prepare simple and delicious recipes while sharing tips and techniques to make everyday cooking easier and faster.
Whether the cook is a future Emeril or a toddler helping to make chocolate chip cookies (licking the spoon, of course!), chances are Pampered Chef has a better, faster, and more delicious way of getting things done in the kitchen. We sell our superior-quality, innovative collection of prepping, cooking, and serving products through a network of more than 42,000 direct sales consultants throughout the US, Canada, and Germany. Millions of customers use our products every day. Each of our 450 HQ coworkers—from product designers and supply chain specialists to ecommerce developers—is committed to bringing the best to our customers. And we have fun doing it!
Established in 1980 by Doris Christopher, Pampered Chef was acquired by Berkshire Hathaway in 2002, a sure sign of our growth potential. In 2014, Tracy Britt Cool, a key member of Warren Buffett’s team, joined as our CEO to lead our transformation into a progressive, open door, cutting-edge workplace. We believe happy coworkers are the best coworkers and are committed to keeping creativity, innovative solutions and customer engagement top of mind. Pampered Chef is pushing the boundaries for our customers, consultants, and coworkers.
MAIN COURSE (Job Responsibilities):
• The SOA Lead Developer will provide technical leadership and expertise around the use of SOA in a variety of system integrations
• Create process flows, high level functional and detailed technical design specifications from business requirements
• Develop SOAP and REST web services using Java
• Develop ESB/BPEL composites and rules
• Define exception and error handling mechanisms
• Assist with integration test scripts and provide support during user acceptance testing
• Resolve day to day application operation issues and problems by self or software vendor support
• Establish and maintain source code version control according to best practices.
• Work in accordance with the change control procedures and ensure compliance of change control and any other IS (Information Systems) procedure or work instruction that ensures compliance to IS policy and ISO (Information Systems Operations)
• Establish and recommend policies on system use and services
• Evaluate critical patches, integrations, and configuration management of integrations between various systems
• Develop recommendations and provide documentation for process improvements
• Provide emergency after hours support for mission critical applications as required
• Participate in technical team meetings and provide updates to the world wide team as needed
• Bachelor of Science, or foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering, or related engineering field AND
• 5 years of progressively responsible, post baccalaureate experience in software development using Java/J2EE, web services, XSD and WSDL
• Experience working with SOA architecture including WS-*, SOAP, REST, JDBC, SQL, XML, JSON, MMS, JCA, HTML
• Experience working with SOA governance, security, version control, registries, service contracts and load testing;
• Experience using Data Architectures including XSD, JSON and Master Data Management
• Experience proposing SOA solutions for a given business and technical requirement
• Working with Fusion Middleware, Fusion application Development Framework, BPEL process Manager, Service Registry, Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), Business Activity Monitoring (BAM) and Business Process Management (BPM) Suite
The SOA Lead Developer position will be located at the Pampered Chef Corporate Headquarters located at One Pampered Chef Lane, Addison, IL 60101
Applicants who are interested in this position may apply online with resume and cover letter. Please reference job # 2017-1228