We exist to help you enjoy the moments most important to you and yours by inspiring satisfying, stress-free meals fit for the way you live. We use the power of cooking to bring people together as the cornerstone of realizing each person’s full potential–in the home and in life.
Part of Berkshire Hathaway, Pampered Chef is the premier direct seller of high-quality kitchen tools. At cooking shows, our independent consultants help guests use our unique products to prepare simple and delicious recipes while sharing tips and techniques to make everyday cooking easier and faster.
Whether the cook in the kitchen is a future Emeril or a toddler helping to make chocolate chip cookies, (licking the spoon), chances are Pampered Chef has a better, faster, and more delicious way of getting things done in the kitchen. We sell our superior quality, innovative collection of prepping, cooking and serving products through a network of over 42,000 direct sales consultants throughout the US, Canada and Germany. Millions of customers use our products every day. Each of our 450 HQ coworkers from product designers, supply chain specialists to ecommerce developers are committed to bringing the best to our customers. And have fun doing it!
Established in 1980 by Doris Christopher, Pampered Chef was acquired by Berkshire Hathaway in 2002, a sure sign of our growth potential. In 2014, Tracy Britt Cool, a key member of Warren Buffett’s team, joined as our CEO to lead our transformation into a progressive, open door, cutting edge workplace. We believe happy coworkers are the best coworkers and are committed to keeping creativity, innovative solutions and customer engagement top of mind. Pampered Chef is pushing the boundaries for our customers, consultants, and coworkers.MAIN COURSE (Job Responsibilities):
We’re composed of four web agile teams focusing on different business functions in eCommerce. We work on software focused on successfully supporting our 42,000 consultants’ account management, sales tools, promotions and PC.com. Our technology stack includes Java, Hybris®, Oracle, Spring, Hibernate®, and Selenium®…just to name a few!
- Use your leadership acumen and technical expertise to enable and manage team of Software Architects, Web Developers, Mobile Developers, UI/UX and QE Automation team members
- Take personal responsibility as the delivery manager and set clear expectations for downstream teams
- Defining, documenting, and presenting strategy and roadmap for the engineering support of our products
- Work directly with development leads and product owners to track velocity and plan sprints for the engineering team.
- Coaching team members on agile development techniques and process
- Work closely with Talent Acquisition to attract and retain top talent. Hire winners who want to own their work, think way outside the typical, and want to create amazing interactive experiences by building software viewed through the lens of the customer.
- Ensure your team has the tools and training to take it to the next level; excite them with new challenges and opportunities; coach and unblock them on a daily basis
- Working closely with the product, engineering and design teams to ensure alignment, define scope, milestones, deliverables and the resources needed
- Remove roadblocks and develop highly maintainable performant applications by collaborating with product owners, engineers, and stakeholders across the organization
- Hold your own technical discussions and be a subject matter expert on our strategic direction
- Remain involved in all stages of product development, from architecture to final testing
- Define and promote internal standards, such as code documentation, unit testing, software reliability, build automation, and software configuration management, to create and improve our processes
- 3 + years as an engineering manager with a prior background in hands-on software engineering. You're not necessarily a software engineer today, but you've definitely written code before
- Tried and tested in technical leadership, with an ability to build consensus and take ownership
- End-to-end understanding and appreciation of a software product's lifecycle
- Currently leading a team in an Agile/SCRUM environment
- Expert at working across a range of web technologies with exposure to JEE web applications
- Java web frameworks - Spring, Spring Security, Jersey, Hibernate
- Wizardry knowledge of ecommerce platforms and solutions
- You have awesome verbal and written communication skills to work effectively with technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization
- You have a strong bias to action - you own it
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (bonus points for these skills)
- Knowledge of industry tools for programming (Example - Java, Unix Shell, Perl, Python, VB Script)
- Jira (Defect Tracking and Time Reporting)
- Test automation (ie, Selenium, Appium, QTP)
- Mobile Applications (iOS & Android)
Our core values are respect, humility, accountability, meritocracy, integrity, authenticity, passion, and innovation (in no particular order!). We embody those values in our work, but also in the great desserts we offer to our coworkers.
- Each and every coworker makes a difference every day by asking tough questions, finding the answers, and then making it happen—our entrepreneurial employees are the key to our success! Pampered Chef is big enough to implement cutting-edge technology, and small enough for all ideas to be heard and challenged.
- We are a learning focused environment—we want you to learn from us, and we expect to learn from you and what you’re passionate about! We even provide training and development for added brainpower.
- We get to mix it up! PC has offices in Addison and in downtown Chicago. Some of our roles will have the opportunity to work in the Chicago office full time, part time, or on occasion.
- We collaborate every day in a high-tech space with writable walls, open collaboration zones, quiet “I need to contemplate” zones, and fun zones with ping pong, basketball, and bags, of course. No boring cubicle farms here!
- We are concerned about your physical and financial well-being and offer BC/BS PPO or HMO health plans, dental, disability, matched 401K, life insurance, on-site fitness center, comfy chairs, on-site cafeteria, and dry cleaning valet service.
- Most importantly, Pampered Chef has a strong, proven history of bringing fun to cooking, creativity to recipes, and sharing to family and friends around the table.