Solstice is an innovation and emerging technology firm that helps Fortune 500 companies seize new opportunities through world-changing digital solutions. As strategists and consultants, we help organizations evolve their digital strategy to solve mission-critical problems. As designers and developers, we build incredible hardware and software solutions that transcend a standalone product and transform an organization’s relationship with its customers.
Solstice is an innovation and emerging technology firm that helps Fortune 500 companies seize new opportunities through world-changing digital solutions. As strategists and consultants, we help organizations evolve their digital strategy to solve mission-critical problems. As designers and developers, we build incredible hardware and software solutions that transcend a standalone product and transform an organization’s relationship with its customers. As instructors and coaches, we help companies transform from the inside out by adopting a high-speed culture of innovation.
Solstice is seeking a User Experience Designer for an extended engagement with a Fortune 500 Financial Securities client in Chicago. Our client is committed to transforming the way they deliver software with Agile and HCD practices. We’ve been coaching them in the Solstice CXDD method and they’re ready to take delivery to the next level. We are helping to form three dedicated Agile teams to build innovative digital solutions, using an iterative cycle of customer research and feedback.
This person should be creative and have an eye for design. If you are passionate about digital experiences and understand the concepts of human centered design – read on!
What we are looking for in you:
- You are excited and passionate about new and well-designed digital solutions
- You’re able to manage your own time, whether working on a team in a collaborative environment or working independently
- Working closely with a development team is something you have done and enjoy
- You are a designer who always puts the client first. You’re passionate about solving difficult, user experience problems in the simplest, most elegant way
- Proven ability to create user-centered design based on your understanding of HCI fundamentals
- You are able to effectively articulate user experience issues and concerns and overall design principles to team members and clients
- Good understanding of responsive design and form factor guidelines for iOS, Android and mobile web
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Experience designing for financial services/securities is highly desirable
- Open to the possibility of transitioning to the client as a full-time employee during or after the engagement
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Art/Design or related field
What you can look forward to in the job
- Your work at Solstice matters. The design work you do here will have a direct impact for our clients and will be seen and used by thousands of people everyday
- Taking a client’s vision from conception to completion and delivery and being a trusted advisor to them on the di experience they will provide end users
- You will work with some of the brightest, most talented UX’ers around - you’ll learn something new daily, and we would like to learn from you
What you’ll do
- Work closely with UX Researchers, Product Owner, Product Analyst and Dev Team to design innovative digital products
- Produce wireframes and prototypes for digital products
- User interface and graphic design for digital products
- Design reviews with developers throughout the Sprint