2024 Campus Full Time: Functional Safety/Autonomy Safety/Cyber Security Engineer
At UL, we know why we come to work.
Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
As our global footprint continues to spread across the world, we are looking for a Functional Safety Engineer to join our team in Northbrook, Illinois.
What you'll learn & achieve:
The UL Solutions Identity Management & Security (IMS) team aims to make the cyber world more safe and secure. We work with our customers to test, validate/verify, certify, and advise on functional safety and cybersecurity of their products, systems, and ecosystems. We make sure the safety and security functions of products and systems work as they should, and we help customers test their connected technologies for hackability. Through our creation of cybersecurity frameworks and standards, we help our customers define and implement their security strategies.
Below are examples of areas you may work in:
- Renewable energy functional safety
- Robotic functional safety
- Autonomous robot safety
- Automotive functional safety and autonomy safety
- Energy storage functional safety
- Electric vehicle charging functional safety
- Industrial functional safety
- Process industry functional safety
- Automotive cybersecurity
- Industrial cybersecurity
What makes you a great fit:
- Be completing your final year of your undergraduate degree in: Electrical Engineering, Robtics, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field.
- Hold a Bachelor's degree prior to the intended full time start date
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to work in a results-oriented, challenging environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
What you'll experience working at UL:
- Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn't new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 125 years and is deeply engrained in everything we do.
- People: Ask any UL employee what they love most about working here, and you'll almost always hear, "the people." Going beyond what is possible is the standard at UL. We're able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
- Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers create. We're inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
- Grow & achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles.
- Total Rewards: All employees at UL Solutions are eligible for annual bonus compensation. The target for this position is 5% of the base salary offered. Employees are eligible for health benefits such as medical, dental and vision; wellness benefits such as mental & financial health; and retirement savings (401K) commensurate with the standard rewards offered in each individual location or country, for the relevant position level. We also provide employees with paid time off including vacation (15 days), holiday including floating holidays (12 days) and sick time off (72 hours).
Working at UL is an exciting journey that twists and turns daily. We thrive in the twists and revel in the turns. This is our every day. This is our normal.
Curious? To learn more about us and the work we do, visit UL.com