Associate Product Manager
RedShelf was built to improve education. Working with the higher education community, we design products to make course materials more affordable, accessible and engaging for students everywhere. Our partnerships with leading academic publishers and institutions mean we get to make a direct impact on the education system through innovative technology.
What is the job?
The Associate Product Manager will be paired with a Product Manager and will be mentored in the product areas owned by the Product Manager. The Associate Product Manager will support the Product Manager in a variety of tasks related to product design, quality assurance, troubleshooting, training and communications. In this role the Associate Product Manager will gain expertise in one or more product areas and build a foundation of product management knowledge.
- Be a product advocate; promote your product to ensure clients are extracting value from what we are delivering.
- Break down capabilities into user stories, prioritize them, and work closely with UX and development teams to make these stories come to life.
- Perform quality testing and maintain quality assurance processes
- Troubleshoot product issues
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert within the assigned product areas.
- Liaise with other business groups including Sales, Marketing and Software Development to define product requirements.
- Assist with the creation of wireframes that clearly convey product features and functionality to a web designer and contribute to the web/graphics design effort.
What are we looking for?
First and foremost, we are looking for someone who is passionate about making an impact in the higher education market. Candidates should have at least 3 years of experience as a successful business or product analyst, and able to blend product strategy, product management, company strategy, and product marketing activities. We follow an agile development process, so previous experience in this area is also a plus.
- 3+ years of experience working in online product management; creating innovative, customer-facing features.
- Solid SQL skills and familiarity with general database design concepts.
- Project Management skillset and experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelors Degree in technical related field
- Accounting experience is a plus
It is important that this individual is a true product-focused thinker with the ability to combine strategy and product management. This position will require someone who can create a visionary roadmap and align cross-functional teams, so we can ensure efficient delivery to our customers. We are looking for an individual who is capable of motivating teams, providing leadership, and showcasing the flexibility to adapt to the changing needs of a scrappy startup business.
What do we have to offer?
RedShelf's team is passionate, entrepreneurial-minded and serious about making an impact in higher ed. We are committed to our mission of improving education, and that commitment flows through in everything we do.
We offer an engaging office culture and frequent onsite and offsite events including video game tournaments, intermural sports teams, happy hours, volunteer work, and more. We also provide our team with competitive compensation packages including company stock options.
RedShelf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with a disability, veterans, and others who would enrich the diversity of RedShelf are encouraged to apply.