Hello, we're RedShelf
Founded in 2012 and recently named one of the nation’s fastest-growing private businesses by Inc. Magazine, RedShelf is a Chicago-based EdTech company helping to make education both more affordable and more effective by replacing yesterday’s pricey print publications with today’s more dynamic and far less expensive digital content.
Why Work with Us?
We’re not out to disrupt the industry. Our goal has always been to work with it to create lasting change. Building our technology in close consultation with the education community, we've created a seamless and effortless platform that truly meets their needs and works in their worlds.
"Education is everything": RedShelf makes it more accessible and affordable
An Insider's view of RedShelf
What are some social events your company does?
Our development team gets together outside the office once per quarter with things like bowling nights, baseball games and water taxi trips to Chinatown. I try to host dinner parties every few months -- sometimes just for my immediate team, and sometimes a cross-team dinner to mix things up. Hoping for a company-wide Segway tour sometime soon, but
Senior Front-End Software Developer
How do you collaborate with other teams in the company?
We’re constantly collaborating with other dev teams in the company through shared github repos, slack channels and of course some inside jokes. We also work closely with teams outside of the dev department on various projects, including improvements to our book processor and the rollout of new product features.
Junior Software Developer
How has your career grown since starting at the company?
RedShelf is still a relatively small company, so even as a junior to mid-level developer I’ve been able to take on more responsibility, more quickly. My experience has become much more varied, instead of just focusing on a single type of skill that I might gain at a larger corporation.
Full Stack Developer
How do you empower your team to be more creative?
It's critical that you encourage an environment of experimentation. People should never be punished for taking risks or making mistakes as long as they're learning and growing. As a product-focused company, the creativity for new ideas exists when your team is comfortable with failure and understands that success can be measured by what we learned.
What’s the vibe like in the office?
Coming from a very corporate environment, RedShelf is a breath of fresh air for me. Driven, like-minded people working together to change education, plus a fun office space, create an environment that makes you want to go to work every day.
Where we are
Beautiful and convenient River North office located minutes from Magnificent Mile and the Loop with one of the best rooftops in the neighborhood.
Perks + Benefits
Health Insurance & Wellness
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Retirement & Stock Options
Child Care & Parental Leave
Generous Parental Leave
Family Medical Leave
Vacation & Time Off
Paid Sick Days
Job Training & Conferences
- The office environment at RedShelf is a perfect balance of working hard and having fun. I've never been around a group of people that have pushed me to work harder and expand my comfort zone in the workplace.MikeAccount Manager
- Working as the sole UX/UI designer has given me the ability to have my hands in the production process from start to finish. The RedShelf team is incredibly passionate and knowledgeable and motivate me to design better creative solutions every day.MaxiUX/UI Designer
- One thing that sets us apart is our dedication to ensuring success, both internally and externally. We go above and beyond for our partners by asking them what they need, not telling them what we think they need or want to hear.ErinDirector of Digital Accessibility
- The level of experience and knowledge that everyone brings to the table, ranging from our youngest team member to our most experienced veteran, is something that we pride and value in this company.JasmineSenior Account Manager
Jobs at RedShelf8 open jobs
Design + UX
Dev + Engineer
Design + UX
Technology we use
- Google AnalyticsAnalytics
Articles we're in34 articles
Our funding history
$2M in FundingInvestors: National Association of College Stores
$5M in FundingInvestors: Rick Patterson, National Association of College Stores
$0.1M in Funding
$1M in Funding
$25M in FundingInvestors: DNS Capital