Hello, we're RedShelf
Founded in 2012 and recently named one of the nation’s fastest-growing private businesses by Inc. Magazine, RedShelf is a Chicago-based EdTech company helping to make education both more affordable and more effective by replacing yesterday’s print publications with today’s more dynamic and far less expensive digital content.
Why Work with Us?
We’re not out to disrupt the industry; our goal has always been to work with it to create lasting change. Since 2012, RedShelf has been helping make education more affordable and more accessible for millions of students nationwide. Our team is made up of passionate, hard-working individuals who are on a mission to help improve higher ed.
"Education is everything": RedShelf makes it more accessible and affordable
An Insider's view of RedShelf
What are some social events your company does?
Our development team gets together outside the office once per quarter with things like bowling nights, baseball games and water taxi trips to Chinatown. I try to host dinner parties every few months -- sometimes just for my immediate team, and sometimes a cross-team dinner to mix things up. Hoping for a company-wide Segway tour sometime soon!
Senior Front-End Software Developer
What projects are you most excited about?
I’ve been working on our Content Delivery System and have had the opportunity to work with stakeholders I wouldn’t normally interact with. The new system is a completely new set of workflows that we had to take a unique approach to developing, so it’s been a perfect combination of cool and challenging.
Full Stack Developer
How has your career grown since starting at the company?
As a UX/UI designer, I’ve had the ability to have my hands in the production process from start to finish. The RedShelf team is incredibly passionate and knowledgeable and motivate me to design better creative solutions every day.
How do you empower your team to be more creative?
It's critical that you encourage an environment of experimentation. People should never be punished for taking risks or making mistakes as long as they're learning and growing. As a product-focused company, the creativity for new ideas exists when your team is comfortable with failure and understands that success can be measured by what we learned.
Chief Technology Officer
How does your team reward individual success?
Redshelf isn't an ego-driven or "ninja"/"Superstar"-focused team culture, and that's one of the things I appreciate most about the company. We succeed and fail as a team and collaborate to accomplish shared goals. Leaders at RedShelf hold themselves accountable for team performance, too.
Associate Product Manager
Where we are
Beautiful and convenient River North office located minutes from Magnificent Mile and the Loop with one of the best rooftops in the neighborhood.
Perks + Benefits
Highly diverse management team
Unconscious bias training
Health Insurance & Wellness
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Retirement & Stock Options
Child Care & Parental Leave
Generous Parental Leave
Flexible Work Schedule
Family Medical Leave
Vacation & Time Off
Paid Sick Days
- The office environment at RedShelf is a perfect balance of working hard and having fun. I've never been around a group of people that have pushed me to work harder and expand my comfort zone in the workplace.MikeAccount Manager
- One thing that sets us apart is our dedication to ensuring success, both internally and externally. We go above and beyond for our partners by asking them what they need, not telling them what we think they need or want to hear.ErinDirector of Digital Accessibility
- The level of experience and knowledge that everyone brings to the table, ranging from our youngest team member to our most experienced veteran, is something that we pride and value in this company.JasmineSenior Account Manager
- RedShelf is a high-growth company, but we're still at the size where everyone has the opportunity to improve and change things every day. In a matter of months after joining the team, I was able to quickly see the results of my ideas and feedback.RyanDirector of Customer Experience
Jobs at RedShelf6 open jobs
Design + UX
Dev + Engineer
Technology we use
- Google AnalyticsAnalytics
Articles we're in38 articles
Our funding history
$2M in FundingInvestors: National Association of College Stores
$5M in FundingInvestors: Rick Patterson, National Association of College Stores
$0.1M in Funding
$1M in Funding
$25M in FundingInvestors: Lead by DNS Capital