Arity Principal Content Designer (Home based worker) at Arity
Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
The role pays in the range of $115-155K and includes a bonus and is based on experience and qualifications.
The Arity Experience Design (XD) team is a multi-disciplinary group that designs user interactions and experiences with devices, systems, and services that provide a positive, engaging and productive experience. The team is made up of Design Leads, Experience Designers, Content Designers, Design Researchers, UI Engineers, and Visual Designers who work together to design delightful experiences.
The Content Design Principal will be responsible for leading and advancing the content design practice at Arity. The person in this role will define and develop the content process in product and guide the relationship of content with Arity marketing, brand, technology, sales and customer success teams. The Content Design Principal will develop Arity's content roadmap and guide the success of the Experience Design Practice along with the other discipline leads. They will ensure our strategies and content align with business goals and are informed by the latest thinking around content best practices. The Content Design Principal will be an expert in their craft, a savvy systems thinker, and a human-centered design enthusiast able to mentor designers from all disciplines and at all skill levels.
- Ensure consistency and quality in the refinement and execution of Arity's brand voice and tone as the organization grows.
- Build a content tool chest for content designers to leverage.
- Support experience designers and other design discipline specialists in making better-informed content choices.
- Advance the understanding of content's value throughout the Arity organization and ensure all content meets and exceeds the defined standards.
- Be the content voice within the Arity Experience Design (XD) group, helping to define and build XD principles, mission goals, objectives, and efforts.
- Mentor content designers in the development of a range of writing and content skills; including conceptual storytelling, UX writing, sales, marketing, and technical documentation.
- Draft copy across all channels and platforms, from brand voice and messaging guidelines to product descriptions, marketing campaigns and sales enablement content
- Work directly with the Marketing team to develop and execute creative content and campaigns, some annual and some one-off, that help drive business objectives.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to determine tone, scope & go-to-market strategies for promotions and product launches.
- Give direction on brand, users, and business needs.
- Plan and lead human-centered content design workshops.
- Design and advocate for content scalability and segmentation across Arity.
- Go beyond expectations to ensure our content solutions will have an impact.
- Find opportunities to educate and advise others on content best practices both within Arity and in the greater design community.
General Leadership & Decision Making
- Own Arity's content strategy, roadmap, and the way content engages with product teams, Marketing and other areas of business.
- Represent content within the Experience Design group, product teams, and greater organization.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and operational insights for Content Design.
- Work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
- Initiate and implement continuous improvements in all areas of Content Design responsibility.
We think you will come to this role with
- Expertise in content strategy, management, copywriting, journalism, marketing, advertising, library science and/or user experience
- Experience defining the content strategy at a complex organization, company or agency
- Able to identify the best content tools and deliverables necessary to meet the organization's goals and needs
- Excellent communication skills, including storytelling and writing, comfortable presenting to organizational leadership
- Experience in creating content for a variety of channels including, but not limited to print, web, mobile apps, dashboards, data management, data science, and technology
- A 4-year degree (or equivalent work experience) and 7+ years as a content strategist, manager, or content designer or UX writer.
- A smart, solid portfolio that demonstrates how you think
- Enthusiasm and a passion for good content and how it can make products and our business better
- The ability to educate and advocate for user-focused content
- Solid understanding of systems thinking, human-centered design principles and familiarity with Agile/Lean development
- A clear point of view around the many dimensions of content and how they pertain to business goals and products (including strategy, production, informational architecture, data structures, and metadata management)
- Experience mentoring other content or experience designers
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts and brain breaks. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment