Associate Editor, Content Development at Morningstar
The Team: Morningstar’s mission is to empower investor success. The editorial team strives to illuminate investing in support of this mission, so we can reach and inspire current and future investors. We’re looking for an associate editor to join our team. You’ll contribute in a major way to our editorial evolution. In this role, you’ll work with a cross-disciplinary squad of editors, designers, search optimization strategists, and investment specialists to adapt our research and ideas into useful insights and informative editorial content.
The Role: The role requires a person to help guard our standards for quality through editing and writing. You won’t just think about the content in front of you, but the messages that came before and after to support the creation of compelling end-to-end content experiences. You’ll ensure our content is optimized, interact with engagement editors to understand how our content performed. The content you edit or create may be adapted or reused across our publishing platforms, including for social media, Morningstar.com, the Morningstar magazine, and our products.
We’re looking for someone who will:
• Edit daily articles and priority, feature-length content pieces.
• Become an expert on our reader types and the formats they use.
• Participate in the story ideation and content creation efforts.
• Be an active editor by coaching writers and analysts on how to best tell their stories.
• Consider how we can connect new editorial concepts with content that already exists.
• Craft content for social media channels that generates meaningful conversation.
• Show enthusiasm for tackling new challenges, learning new skills, and pitching in where you’re needed.
• 3-5 years of experience in content strategy or journalism at a publication or content-focused organization.
• A degree in journalism, English, communications, or a related field.
• Working knowledge of content management systems and constructing an editorial calendar.
• Experience editing content in various formats.
• Social media savviness.
• Understanding of search engine optimization practices and how to optimize content.
• Superb communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Demonstrated ability to work with writers, designers, and subject-matter experts.
• Excellent organization and attention to detail.
• Experience with AP Style.
Please submit writing samples with you resumes and cover letter.
This position is based in our Chicago office.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity