Associate Food Labeling Specialist
Planning and Execution of Labeling Activities
- Align with New Product Development and Culinary teams on packaging creation and labeling review schedule on a quarterly basis and as needed.
- Responsible for planning and execution of labeling activities to ensure teams meet the weekly retail label review deadline for print.
- Develop e-commerce meal bag allergen labeling on a weekly basis.
- Act as first point of contact for labeling related questions; providing input and answering questions related to labeling requirements for new and existing products.
- Responsible for the accurate input of manufacturer specification information into the Home Chef database, including, but not limited to, storage temperatures, ingredients statement, allergens, nutritional facts panel, and shelf life.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members when specification is missing pertinent information or ingredient needs to be updated.
- Responsible for FSQA approval of Shorts/Replacements process and creation of replacement ingredient in admin database.
- Responsible for the development of the label copy which includes product name, weight statement, ingredient statement, allergen declaration, nutrition facts panel and claims which meet government requirements and standard of identities.
- Approval of label artwork upon review, ensuring compliance to all applicable USDA, FDA, regulations along with other requirements and approved statements.
- Support review of labels and printed packaging by Regulatory and Legal Counsel. Track label development and reviews.
- Review and collaborate cross-functionally on vendor generated labels.
- Provide guidance for updates and final approval.
- Ensure Home Chef labels and packaging meet FDA and USDA requirements.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- B.S. in Food Science/Nutrition or related field
- Working knowledge of FDA and USDA label regulations and documentation requirements
- Must be detail oriented
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and work in a fast-paced environment autonomously
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks/priorities
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in Food Labeling