Audio-Visual Support Analyst
The Team: Fuelling the technologies that drive our products and support our company’s infrastructure, the Technology team consists of talented developers, network architects, and IT experts who help make technology one of Morningstar’s core strengths. Though our technologists represent a range of skills and knowledge bases, they all view technology as a craft and care deeply about creating positive user experiences. From Agile methodologies to mobile applications, to software as a service (SaaS) delivered from our private cloud, we push technology’s boundaries to build scalable, elegant solutions that help investors reach their financial goals.
The Role: You will be responsible for supporting our audio-visual equipment. Collaborating with our audio-visual team, you will assist with implementation and support of our room based audio-visual equipment across a wide variety of configurations. You will be expected to maintain and evolve standards including upgrades of audio equipment, video equipment, and control systems. You will provide investigation, diagnostic testing and repair/resolution of audio visual system, hardware, software and infrastructure for Morningstar’s corporate location in Chicago as well as required by our global offices worldwide. This role reports to the Desktop Support Manager and is based in our Chicago office.
• Work with audio-visual team to implement new AV room systems for our employees.
• Work with Unified Communications team to maintain standards throughout global meeting rooms.
• Support of current AV services and systems in our meeting rooms, including video conferencing, audio conferencing, projectors, Crestron controllers, Apple TV and Barco Clickshare technology.
• Knowledge and documentation of wiring and configuration standards for all audio-visual systems while adhering to best practices.
• Create and maintain run book/database including documentation for all hardware, software, manufacturer technical support, and current vendor partnerships.
• Develop and manage operational and preventive maintenance checks for all audio-visual systems including all conference room technology.
• Research, analyze, and recommend audio visual system improvements and enhancements.
• Troubleshoot audio and video interfacing systems within knowledge parameters through to resolution.
• Ability to read and utilize audio/video blue prints and flow diagrams.
• Perform basic networking troubleshooting as it relates to audio/video related issues.
• Interface with manufacturers, developers, engineers, and project managers to provide resolutions for highly complex systems.
• Manage the relationship with vendors and their support team, including contract negotiations, incident resolution, and escalating issues that require immediate resolution.
• Provide oversight over the development, upgrade, and repair of all audio/visual/control systems.
• Develop process and support documentation. Provide training, guidance and technical assistance where necessary to other technical support staff and Morningstar employees.
• Maintain audio and video systems used for IMAG and livestreaming in a 200-seat auditorium, often in a “live show” setting.
• Educated to degree level with 3 years or more experience in the audio-visual field working with audio/visual products, including calibration of audio and video components.
• In depth knowledge of multiple audio and web conferencing technologies, Polycom video conferencing, audio bridges, IP Phones, Crestron/AMX, Shure, Polycom, etc.
• Excellent customer service and logistical skills.
• Strong team player with exceptional oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to manage workload and work independently
• Must be proactive with the ability to multi-task and prioritize along with having a flexible attitude to meet tight deadlines.
• Deep understanding of audio and video signals and technology with an ability to quickly troubleshoot issues in a “live event” situation.