Spark Hire is an award-winning video interviewing platform (Software-as-a-Service) used by more than 6,000 customers in 100+ countries. Our industry-leading platform is recognized as the gold standard by esteemed software review site G2. We’ve also recently been recognized as one of the best startups to work for nationally and a top 5 B2B tech company in the Chicago area.
Our marketing team is growing and we're looking for an awesome copywriter to develop our messaging and create killer copy to convert our target audiences.
The B2B SaaS Copywriter will be mainly responsible for writing highly engaging content for sales and marketing, including, but not limited to:
- Email (This will be your top priority!)
- Sales sequences and templates
- Marketing nurtures
- One-off emails
- Digital Ads
- LinkedIn, Google, Bing, Facebook, and more
- Sales Enablement Content
- Sales collateral
- Slide decks
- Website Copy
- Main website
- Landing page
- Main website
- Live Chat
- Automated scripts
- Real-time conversations
- Social Media Posts
You will do a lot of writing, editing, and proofreading within tight deadlines, so you must demonstrate exceptional project management skills, fast turnaround, and flexibility on a daily basis.
- Writing email copy - subject lines, pre-headers, headlines, subheads and body copy for emails including campaigns and email sequences
- Creating compelling, engaging social media content that reflects our brand’s voice and drives the desired call to action
- Optimizing social media posts (language, tone, message) based on our target audience’s behaviors
- Selecting appealing images and videos to complement the text
- Apply advertising techniques to boost brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
- Respond to questions and comments on our social media pages in a timely and accurate manner
- Take a “test and learn” approach by supporting A/B testing of copy
What we're looking for
- Ability to quickly produce high-quality copy that converts (make readers take action!)
- Exceptional copywriting skills including writing, editing, proofreading, grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, iterate swiftly, and juggle multiple projects in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated experience executing on ROI-focused marketing campaigns
- Demonstrated success in managing a business social media presence
- Experience writing, editing and publishing engaging content for various social networks, including Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Pinterest, and Instagram
- Exceptional skill with the nuances of social media writing, including the use of hashtags, emojis, and acronyms
- Experience specifically within email marketing, email layout and design and email workflow automation preferred
- Strong eye for detail
- Knowledge of basic content marketing principles
- Best practices around email marketing copy that drives open and click-through rates to achieve email channel goals
- The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a collaborative environment and using data to make marketing decisions
- Knowledge of overall email processes
- HubSpot experience a bonus
- Drift experience a bonus
- 2+ years of copywriting experience
- Experience in producing copy for digital, print, and broadcast channels
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
What You’ll Love About Spark Hire
- Great Culture – We have in and out of the office activities going on all the time. From celebrating birthdays, happy hours, Cubs games, holiday parties, picnics, friendly competitions, and more!
- Health Benefits – Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Paid Time Off – Employees receive paid time off which start accruing on day one of employment and paid holidays. Plus, you get your birthday off as PTO!
- Work/Life Balance – We pride ourselves on having a great work/life balance.
- Gym Subsidy - We contribute a significant amount towards a gym membership at the nearby Lifetime Fitness.
- 401(k) - Start saving for your future retirement!
- Professional Development - Member of Sales Assembly, where you will have the opportunity to access training and development opportunities, and connect with other sales professionals in the B2B sales sector in Chicago.
If you're looking for an exciting place to work and to be an integral part of a growing marketing team, apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired.