Brand Copywriter (contract to hire) at Clearcover
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add more extraordinary people to our team.
What you’ll do:
Clearcover is seeking a Copywriter that has a passion for bringing great brands to life, producing clear, compelling copy while also understanding the business objectives behind the work. You must be passionate about helping to develop our dynamic, friendly and engaging brand voice, and using data and customer insights to improve the customer experience. We’re looking for someone who has worked in the brand and agency world, or with a strong in-house creative team, and has experience delivering copy for multi-channel advertising campaigns and content for organic social channels, as well as B2B comms. The candidate should have strong storytelling and conceptual skills, be a confident presenter and possess acute attention to detail.
What are your responsibilities?
- Help develop and own our brand voice, including a deep understanding of the positioning of the evolving Clearcover brand
- Partner closely with the brand marketing team to level-up our branding and help position Clearcover as a leader in the insuretech space.
- Writing clear, compelling copy for various media/design/creative assets for multi-channel marketing and demand gen campaigns spanning social, email, websites, blog posts, online and offline ads and video/motion graphics.
- Creating messaging frameworks and associated proof points.
- Collaborating with project managers, designers and other professionals on large- and small-scale marketing projects
- Editing and proofreading copy as needed.
- Adhering to brand and editorial guidelines.
- Using SEO principles to maximize copy’s reach.
- Work independently and collaboratively on projects and tasks to support the marketing team
- Provide and receive feedback with grace; a low ego and team player that’s willing to hop in to help where needed and loves to see co-workers thrive.
What do you need?
- Experience as an agency or in-house copywriter
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates a depth and breadth of writing skills.
- Eager to work in a small, scrappy, fast-paced and growing startup environment that allows you to take on many responsibilities and own many projects.
- Ability to juggle many projects and consistently deliver results.
- Relentlessly high quality standards and exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to accept critique and gracefully defend creative decisions to leadership.
- Curious about the problems Clearcover is solving.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Chicago-based but open to a remote position.
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited PTO, we hire adults
- Remote work opportunity
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover the vast majority of your premiums to make the cost of you and your family's coverage affordable. Plus, we contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- We contribute 3% to your 401k even if you don’t
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.