We’re here to ensure the advertising industry and the people in it are healthy and engaging positively and effectively with those around them. We’re here, ultimately, to improve the lives of people working in the media industry. And we take our responsibility seriously.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a skilled writer but also someone who can get content (both internal and external) produced. The ideal candidate knows how to draw an audience and drive action, understands the nuances of writing content for a variety of formats and channels, and can quickly adapt to the Centro voice. We’re looking for a creator extraordinaire who is a seller and solutionist, a trend watcher, even better, a trendsetter, a pragmatist, a project manager, and a story teller. This individual will report to the VP, Growth Marketing.
We need a bright mind who brings fresh ideas to the table, a critical thinker who can distill industry information, news and trends into compelling themes and copy that positions Centro as a trusted expert. We’re looking for an individual with a strong sense of pride in their work who strives for the highest quality even when on a deadline. This role requires an ability to manage projects from start to finish, often tackling challenges and identifying opportunities along the way. Only positive attitudes need apply!
- Brainstorm, create and transform ideas into stories for all types of marketing materials including: blog postings, emails, landing pages, sales collateral, presentation decks, digital advertising, newsletters, videos, social media and event materials.
- Collaborate closely with Event Marketing, Media Innovations and Technology, Product Marketing, Sales, and other internal subject matter experts to tell the brand story to our customer segments.
- Continually innovate, identifying new and more enticing ways to tell and share the Centro story.
- Research and write on a wide range of topics in the digital advertising industry.
- Ensure content is consistent and on-brand (style, tone of voice) and optimized for search, social and across all channels (i.e., mobile, video, email etc.). The ability to create SEO driven copy is essential to success in content marketing and this position.
- Steward the brand voice to ensure Centro’s personality is defined and differentiated.
- Be the arbiter of best practices in grammar, writing, and style.
- Manage an editorial calendar consistently meeting dates and deliverables on a daily/weekly basis.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of copywriting experience at an agency or in a marketing department
- Bachelor's degree in English or Journalism or related equivalent experience
- An understanding of SEO-driven content and the ability to create it
- Ability to operate in a fast moving environment and present/sell in your work well
- Experience creating content for digital, mobile, social, and video
- Experience marketing to marketers/agencies
- Team player with a positive attitude who enjoys collaborating with a high performing group
- Strong collaborator with ability to work across various departments and teams to create results
- Positive, open, and curious individual who thrives working in a team environment
- Operates with low ego and shows a willingness to jump in and help where needed
- You must have a portfolio of writing samples showing a range of work
Centro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, gender, age, disability or any other basis protected under the law.