We're Screencastify, the #1 screen recorder for Chrome. In 2020, Screencastify became K-12’s most used asynchronous video tool with more than 15 million users every week (!!!) recording, editing, and sharing all sorts of amazing videos.
Now, we’ve created ambitious new goals, features, and products that will enable us to further improve how we provide service to our users and accelerate our already fast growth. Recently, we launched 2 new products: Screencastify Edit and Screencastify Submit, that will propel our company to the next level of success. We’ve set out to transform video in the classroom and make it not just a tool for remote learning, but an integral part of every student’s education.
About the role
We’re looking for a Content Marketing Specialist to help us create content that drives our mission of eliminating barriers to video-based learning in classrooms around the world. As our Content Marketing Specialist, you’ll be responsible for managing, improving, and maintaining Screencastify’s content marketing strategy. You’ll also be able to flex your copywriting muscles through social, email, and web marketing.
Additionally, you’ll help us push forward our brand messaging strategy, SEO strategy, content calendar, and co-own the editorial calendar with the Director of Marketing.Why is this role special?
You get to have a massive impact. As our Content Marketing Specialist, you’ll be responsible for executing our content strategy, researching and proposing new content ideas, and ensuring Screencastify has plenty of resources that empower educators to transform their classrooms through video.
You'll tackle a variety of challenges. Our team is still small, and people wear many hats. You'd work closely with Sales, Marketing, Engineering, and Product — participating in every phase from ideation to implementation.
Work with an extremely talented team. In 2020, our team grew from less than 10 to over 50 employees and we still achieve results similar to companies 5x our headcount.
Join us at a magical time. We're bootstrapped, profitable, and support tens of millions of users, which gives us a huge green field to work with. You'll join at the perfect time to shape how we grow from here.
As the Content Marketing Specialist, you will:
- Develop content that not only tells the story of our amazing users, but also educates our users through every stage of the customer journey.
- Collaborate with Customer Success, Sales, and Product to deliver content that drives revenue and meets the needs of our users by listening, learning, and iterating on new and more compelling ways to build Screencastify’s brand.
- Establish and manage a content calendar; planning eBooks, case studies, webinars, and more on a quarterly basis.
- Create and maintain a go-to-market resource library of content for our users, including blog posts, eBooks, videos, webinars, etc.
- Stay up-to-date with education + edtech trends and hot topics to generate new ideas.
- Have 3+ years experience creating copy, content, collateral, and assets for marketing purposes and you have a portfolio to show for it. B2C and in-house experience is a huge plus!
- Have worked on a company’s brand messaging strategy and understand how it can be constantly improved & optimized.
- Are passionate about delighting users with engaging content and you have a proven record of success around driving engagement and organic traffic.
- Love to work on the technical side of marketing content, including SEO and web analytics.
- Have experience managing content calendars, editorial calendars, and PR relationships.
- Have outstanding communication and writing skills, including the ability to perfectly embody a brand’s voice.
- Are action-oriented, resourceful, and kind.
Competitive compensation. We take a data-driven approach to our compensation strategy so all employees are paid competitively and equitably.
401k plan + match. We want to invest in present you and future you, which is why we offer a generous 401k match with our 401k plan.
Minimum vacation policy. We recognize the importance of taking personal time off, and require our employees to take at least 15 vacation days per year. You’re also encouraged to take additional paid time off, as needed.
Parental leave. Generous paid time off for parents to bond with the newest addition to their family!
Medical, dental, and vision insurance. We cover 100% of employee medical premiums and 50% of employee dental & vision premiums. Plus, all employees receive a free One Medical membership.
Flexible work policy. Gone are the days of being in an office from 9-5, Monday through Friday. We recognize there are better ways to measure productivity than counting the number of hours you’re in the office and that sometimes the office isn’t the best place to be productive.
Professional development. Each department has a professional development budget and employees are encouraged to take workshops, attend webinars, join associations, and anything else that could help grow their careers. Did we also mention employees get free access to Udemy for Business?
Divvy bike membership. If you’re in Chicago, take advantage of an annual Divvy membership -- on us.