Copywriter, Product (8 week contract position)
Morningstar brings people together with a singular goal in mind—to build software that users love. From individual investors to portfolio managers—we live to create transparency, always focused on bringing clarity to complexity and creating tools that support millions of investors in ways that excite, inform and create long-term success. Our people have helped millions of investors around the world by thinking independently, by being passionate entrepreneurs applying research insights to data and building software that helps investors succeed. Our team is built around technology, research, and design. We want great people who are curious, who love to share new ideas and perspectives and who are exceptional at every turn. It’s that simple.
We are looking for a contract Product Copywriter, to work with our Workplace product teams, a diverse group dedicated to putting employees on the path to financial freedom and security. We need a UI copywriter who loves the challenge of turning complex concepts into engaging communications. This role will create content that utilizes the current voice and tone we have established for two products. As well as create the communication standards for a third, soon to be released product.
- We need someone who can write clear and compelling copy that helps a user move through our financial products
- Ensure all the content produced is true to the product and consistent with our brand
- Collaborate with designers to ensure content is aligned with design and that all deliverables are in sync
- Assist with creation and maintenance of content standards and our content matrices
- Proven work experience as Product Copywriter, Copywriter or similar role
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Ability to multi-task, to work independently or as part of a team
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
This will be an 8-week engagement onsite at our Chicago offices.