Want to help make the world a safer, more sustainable and more creative place? It may sound like a lofty goal, but that’s exactly what we’re doing at Black Spectacles. Our platform attracts architects around the world who want to push the limits of their industry. Our content — which includes podcasts, design tutorials and exam prep — helps architects keep pace with emerging technologies and software so they can do their best work.
Black Spectacles is a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company and ranked #11 in Education on the INC. 5000 America’s Fastest Growing Company List in 2019. To keep that momentum going strong, we’re expanding our team of enthusiastic go-getters. We’re on the hunt for a Creative Director who will ensure brand consistency across both our video and visual educational content.
- 80% of your work will be related to the art direction and production of the digital product and experience.
- 10% will be focused on the art direction for learning content (mostly videos).
- 10% for marketing content.
We're looking for someone who has substantial experience leading a software design team, you'll be responsible for:
- The creative direction of our video/visual/marketing content.
- Setting quality and conformity standards for video/visual related projects.
- You will lead the creative process on the product, enhancing & adding elements per our brand aesthetic.
- You are responsible for style ideation of our website & marketing content.
- You will review final pieces and make suggestions for improvement as needed.
- You have 5+ years professional experience as a Creative/Art Director.
- You have lead a software design team.
- You're a self-starter and take ownership of your work.
- You have a creative eye with strong attention to detail.
- You are a visual expert who can craft great ideas and help execute them.
- Unlimited Vacation
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health, dental, vision, short-term / long-term disability and life insurance
- Flexible Savings Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
- 401k with Employer match
- Profit sharing program
- Employee referral program
- Free weekly team lunch
- Commuter pre-tax program
- Frequent team events & quarterly social gatherings
- Work out of the inspiring 1871 space, access to events and mentors
Black Spectacles is an equal opportunity employer.