Digital Content Specialist
About Camelot Illinois
Camelot Illinois is the integrated business manager of the Illinois Lottery. The company is restoring transparency, integrity, and responsibility to the Illinois Lottery. In partnership with the state, Camelot is operating a modern lottery that truly benefits the people of Illinois. The company’s innovative approach places consumers, social responsibility and the state at its core, providing funding for schools, capital projects, and special causes. Camelot is committed to building a progressive organization with the strength and experience to grow the lottery and reinforce its rightful position as a force for good.
Camelot Illinois is a subsidiary of Camelot Lottery Solutions, a leading solutions and technology provider to lotteries around the world. Camelot Lottery Solutions digital and data platforms, and services power some of the most innovative and fastest growing lotteries in the world including the Irish and UK National Lotteries, Loterie Romande (Switzerland), and the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery.
Our sister company, Camelot UK, has operated the UK National Lottery since 1994. Camelot UK has an unrivaled track record for success, helping the UK National Lottery deliver over $80 billion to winners and $46 billion to good causes to date.
About the Team:
The Digital team is responsible for managing the Illinois Lottery Brand, Marketing and Games presence online and delivering sales growth and engagement through the web, mobile, email and social channels.
The Digital Content Specialist will assist in managing the maintenance and development of all web content (including website and mobile apps), using best practices to deliver the most efficient and effective solutions ensuring the business meets Digital objectives and adhere to regulatory and editorial guidelines.
- Update content on website and app in Content Management System accurately and efficiently.
- Assist in the creation and sign-off of new content.
- Manage the timely resolution of content issues as they arise.
- Identify and recommend improvements to process and content systems to minimize operational overheads and improve productivity.
- Perform Search Engine Optimization (SEO) activities to improve Organic Traffic performance of IllinoisLottery.com.
- Use analytics and data to recommend improvements to website and app content.
- Define content requirements for website and CMS developments, ensuring these are captured and implemented accurately.
- Help maintain editorial content calendars to meet agreed business requirements and schedules.
- Follow editorial processes and procedures in all content deliverables.
- Respond and action content requests as required by internal or external teams.
- Assist in personalization and conversion rate optimization tests to drive increased web performance
- Follow content procedures, guidelines, and standards at all times. This includes responsible gaming, marketing code of conduct and compliance.
- Maintain knowledge of industry, technological and product developments in the content field to drive benefits and operational efficiencies.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 2-3 years of digital content management experience.
- Experience using Content Management Systems to make website content updates
- Experience using Adobe content management system preferred (AEM).
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) principles and W3C Web Accessibility Standards Levels.
- Knowledge in the use of content management systems across interactive platforms, including social media platforms.
- Proven experience of Digital Content management practices within a regulated market.
- Experience using Google/Adobe Analytics
- Technical knowledge or a high understanding of HTML and CSS.
- Ability to solve complex technical problems, adding a new and innovative perspective on existing solutions.
- Experience with Project Management Tools like JIRA, Slack, etc.
We want people who thrive in a casual, autonomous, results-driven environment to join our company. We believe the way to attract and retain the best talent is to offer a fulfilling career in an organization committed to growing its own future leaders. Career Development is a top priority and we will partner with employees to grow and progress their professional skill sets.
Benefits and Employee Policies
We will bring our experience of working with European lotteries to Illinois. We will also bring a European influence to paid time off, family leave and so on. We have created a strong ethical culture which is translated to each of our employees and business dealings globally. We aim to offer a package of benefits and policies which will compete with any private sector employer in the state. We ensure that every employee is engaged and has the necessary support to understand and implement the responsible gaming principles in their job.
Moreover, we pledge to have the highest standards of respect, diversity and inclusion at our company and will support and encourage our partners to do the same.
Camelot Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.