Documentation Specialist at FOURKITES
About the role
FourKites’ Product Support team strives to set the gold standard for customer technical support. To that end, we are expanding our Knowledge Base team to deliver high customer engagement and satisfaction with our self-service content.
You are a great match for the team if you enjoy helping our customers by creating articles published for self-service, have the ability to explain complex technical information in ways that customers can easily understand, and have an eye for detail. We’re looking for someone who demonstrates a special talent for understanding what our customers need from self-service content and who is thoughtful in considering what internal knowledge would be best shared with customers to improve their overall experience of FourKites. If you’d like to be an integral part in laying the foundation for the brand new community aspect of FourKites, then this role is for you!
If interested please include a cover letter with any relevant writing samples.
- Use different data sources and teams to identify the specific content our customers need to be successful in self-service
- Plan, organize, and create high-quality self-service content published to the FourKites Knowledge Base with particular attention to areas of high importance for our customers
- Continuously improve self-service content by responding to internal and external feedback
- Follow the FourKites Communication Guide, including best practices for article structure and labels to maximize search effectiveness, to ensure consistency across all self-service content
- Enable customer engagement efforts where content is needed such as scripting webinars
- Establish strong working relationships with cross-functional teams, including Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Operations
- You’re a self-starter with an eye for detail
- You enjoy putting yourself in our customers’ shoes by thinking creatively
- You love to translate difficult technical concepts into clear and easy-to-understand content
- You enjoy developing and nurturing partnerships across a variety of teams in the company to ensure that we offer a complete content solution for areas that challenge our customers
- You’re a motivated writer and thinker who is able to work both independently and with the team to strategize, organize, and optimize content for our customers
- You’re interested in building out a new community element of support for our customers
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent written communication skills and proven ability to make complex topics easy and engaging
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and capable of working independently to get things done
- Ability to thrive in a cross-organizational, collaborative work environment
- Self-directed, highly motivated, and proactive
- Team-oriented and collaborative
- Enjoy receiving feedback from customers and internal users and putting their requests into action
- Ability to quickly adapt to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines
- Supply chain or logistics experience a plus
- Experience with creating content a plus, such as video or other media
FourKites is the fastest-growing predictive supply chain platform, backed by top-tier VC firms in Silicon Valley, Boston and Chicago, delivering real-time visibility and execution for Fortune 500 companies and third-party logistics firms. Using a proprietary algorithm to calculate shipment arrival times, FourKites enables customers to lower operating costs, improve on-time performance, and strengthen end-customer relationships. With a network of more than four million GPS/ELD devices, FourKites covers all modes including ocean, rail, parcel and over-the-road. The platform is optimized for mobile and equipped with market-leading end-to-end security. We look for smart, agile, creative team players who are ready to roll up their sleeves and deliver for our customers.