The Opportunity: Morningstar is a storied brand with a 35-year history of independence and transparency. A key part of our mission is to help investors reach their financial goals. Our brand was designed to illuminate investing in support of our mission and to reach, inspire and enable current investors, new investors, and aspiring investors.
The Role: As Engagement Editor in our Chicago office, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of Morningstar’s flagship editorial experience to engage our growing audience with relevant content. You will make daily and weekly decisions about positioning our editorial and research content and coordinate across channels (such as blog, social, and other outlets) to increase the reach and effectiveness of Morningstar’s ideas, consistent with our editorial strategy. You'll determine content placement, write and test headlines for effectiveness, and plan visuals for the site. You are a motivated self-starter with strong news judgment who thrives under deadline and keeps a laser-sharp focus on the mission and the metrics.
• Manage daily editorial content for Morningstar.com.
• Maintain an editorial calendar to coordinate content across Morningstar platforms.
• Understand the information needs of our users through site metrics and plan content to address those interests.
• Write headlines to ensure consistent style and optimize them.
• Generate ideas for content packages, identifying relevant editorial and research.
• Work closely with designers to build experiences and construct visuals that highlight our analysis.
• Monitor real-time analytics and user trends to boost engagement.
• Coordinate with social media team to highlight Morningstar ideas and research.
• A bachelor's degree is required.
• Passion for investing and helping investors make better financial decisions.
• At least five years relevant newsroom or editorial experience.
• Ability to multitask on tight deadlines and desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong news judgment and knowledge of business and investing news.
• Experience writing on deadline and prioritizing assignments for a major news organization.
• Experience using Chartbeat, Google Analytics, or comparable programs.
• A detailed knowledge of Associated Press Style.
• Exceptional writing, communication, and editing skills.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity