In House Content Creator at Catch Co.
Content has always been central to our company and our customers are passionate consumers of the high-quality video content we produce in-house. As our growth accelerates and our reach grows, we are looking to double down on this content agenda by aggressively ramping up the volume of content we produce internally. We are looking for a creative self-starter to drive this initiative by owning content ideation and scripting, filming and appearing on camera, and handling all post-production activities to produce the final high-quality output. This unique individual must be incredibly knowledgeable about fishing while also feeling at home on camera. In addition, while this individual will have access to the broader Marketing team and some in-house editing resources, the expectation is that the Creator will be largely self-sufficient in the end-to-end content production process.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Brand/Product teams to develop and maintain a rolling content production calendar linked to a range of business needs, consumer trends, and product launches.
- Research topics, draft video outlines / scripts, film, and produce 20+ video deliverables each month, ranging from recurring series to more informal product unboxings and technique breakdowns.
- Work with the Marketing and Creative teams to generate microcontent for a range of cross-channel marketing needs, including performance marketing campaigns.
- Stay up to date with all relevant industry trends and connect with our consumers across social media platforms.
What experience you need
- 2+ years experience creating fishing-related content (either for your own YouTube channel or for a brand in the industry).
- Deep understanding of the sport of fishing, including gear, techniques, fish species, and waterways.
- On-camera experience and/or willingness to regularly appear on camera.
- Experience filming and editing raw video footage into a final product, including use of various creative / production / editing equipment and software.
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects simultaneously.
What will make you successful:
- Passion for creating engaging content that connects with consumers.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and comfort operating in a rapidly evolving environment.
What is Catch Co?
At Catch Co, our purpose is to rescue people from the indoors by connecting them with America’s top outdoor sport: fishing. More than 50 million Americans fish every year and Catch Co is the industry leader in creating products, content, and experiences that modern anglers love. Most importantly, we aim to be the industry’s most data-driven and customer-centric company.
We are building 3 unique businesses to deliver on that mission:
- Mystery Tackle Box - Founded in 2012, MTB is the most popular fishing subscription service in the world, with over 5 million boxes shipped (and counting!).
- Karl’s Bait and Tackle - Launched in 2018, Karl’s is a unique and exciting ecommerce experience that brings the local tackle shop to the Internet.
- Catch Co. fishing products - Catch Co also designs and develops some of fishing’s most popular and innovative brands and products, sold online and in retail throughout the world.
To support these businesses, we have built a best-in-class foundation of creativity, technology, data, and a fun and supportive culture. We have also built durable partnerships with some of the industry’s most impactful content creators, influencers, product designers, and more.
As we execute against our mission, our team members remain curious, action-oriented, and collaborative. If that sounds like you, we would love to meet you.
Everybody can fish with us!
These are our core values:
- Passion: We love what we do and we take pride in our work.
- Action: We work hard to get stuff done, with urgency.
- Optimism: We believe that we will succeed, and we are willing to keep trying new things.
- Honesty: We tell it like it is, communicate issues, take accountability and use data to make decisions. We are transparent with customers, partners and employees.
- Curiosity: We look for ways to make things better. We focus on solutions, not problems.
- #happydance: We create happiness for our customers and for each other.
Our culture is fast-moving, hardworking, welcoming and friendly, and we keep our calendar full of opportunities to learn from coworkers and foster community. We love a good team event (like trivia or Quiplash), continued learning (fireside chats led by colleagues), and niche Slack channels like #mlb, #bachelor, #unpopular_opinions, #badjokes and #smallwins.
Catch Co. is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Catch Co. recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status.
- "Take what you need" paid time off policy
- 11 Paid Holidays + 4 additional paid days off specifically to enjoy the outdoors
- Flexible working schedule & work from home opportunities (and a fully remote team throughout covid-19)
- Medical, dental and vision Insurance - We cover 80-100% of the premium for yourself and your dependents
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Savings Accounts or Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employer-sponsored disability insurance
- Employee discount program
- Employer-sponsored life insurance
- 401(K) plan
- Pet insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Free Karl's Club membership and $100 of store credit
- Unlimited coffee and fruit snacks (once we return to the office)
- And more!
Unfortunately, visa sponsorship is not available at this time.