Junior Video Editor
PEAK6 is changing the face of investing. We believe that the promises of many financial technology companies have fallen short—too many people are still living paycheck-to-paycheck, not saving enough for retirement, and not benefiting from the historic gains of the stock market. We want to change that. Our mission is to empower a new generation of investors who have been neglected—and even taken advantage of—by existing services. Headquartered in Chicago, PEAK6 combines the financial acumen of one of the nation’s most successful trading firms with the technical expertise of the platform trusted by the world’s most sophisticated investors. The details of our plans are still under wraps, but we’re looking for people who are inspired by creating a more inclusive financial system for all, and who thrive in tackling audacious goals.
PEAK6 is looking for a part-time Junior Video Editor to join our content production team. As a Junior Video Editor, you will work directly with PEAK6's market strategist and within an existing workflow to create 1-2 minute daily investment and stock market commentary videos. The ideal candidate should be experienced in camera/lighting setup, filming, and editing of short-form video content.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Camera/Lighting setup
- Shoot and edit daily videos for PEAK6
- Work directly with PEAK6's Market Strategist
- Graphics Design/Development
- Provide post-production support including archiving footage and deliverables.
Applicants must have:
- At least one year of professional experience, with the majority of that work being in video editing
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere and After Effects
- Knowledge of HD cameras, transcoding codecs, shooting and lighting
- Strong visual sensibility
- Ability to work as part of a team