Quality and Food Safety Tech
About the role:
The Quality and Food Safety Technician will fill an essential role in the monitoring and advancement of our food safety and quality programs. Through daily process checks as well as short and long term projects, the QFS tech will ensure the integrity of all our products, so that our customers can always enjoy them with full confidence and satisfaction.
What kind of person are we looking for:
- Detailed oriented
- Deeply caring about the team and business
- Self-starter, eager to learn and passionate about healthy & fresh foods
In a typical week, you will:
- Conduct pre-op programs such as: ATP swabs and physical hazard controls etc.
- Inspect incoming material and packaging: reject / document nonconforming material or material related incidents
- Work with sourcing and warehouse management for corrective actions
- Perform our daily food safety checklist: Run rule and GMP audit
- Execute quality programs including (but not limited to): Weight control, WIP inspections & finished product testing
- Review all food safety documents/processes in real time, and report any non-performance findings
- Review driver's transportation temperature log
- Daily monitoring of fridge/freezers & the production room
- Perform calibration and EMP programs
- Promote food safety culture within the organization
- Two (2+) years of work experience in Quality & Food Safety
- Bachelor's Degree in food science/relevant field
- Working knowledge of cGMPs, SOPs, HACCP; PCQI
- Able to work in 40 F production environment for a shift
- Excellent verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong organization and administrative skills
- Traditional Healthcare Benefits -- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, LTD
- 10 paid holidays
- Generous PTO policy
- Competitive starting salary & room for advancement
- Spontaneous company events and community service activities
- Work with a phenomenal team of individuals that are constantly pushing the market boundaries to offer healthy food at the utmost convenience.
*Benefits apply to full time employees only.
About Farmer's Fridge
At Farmer's Fridge, we're committed to making wholesome, delicious food simply accessible, so people can live a little happier. We aim to remove the roadblocks to eating well on the go. That means sourcing top-notch ingredients, handcrafting meals in our kitchen, packing & delivering fresh to our network of Fridges and ensuring the best possible customer experience. Unpurchased items are regularly donated to local food depositories, providing responsibly sourced nutrition to community members in need. If you're passionate about our mission to change the food system for the better, our team just may be the right fit for you.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below.