Recent advancements in healthcare technology have made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus’ proprietary platform connects an entire healthcare technology ecosystem to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians. Our platform and data drive individualized care, empower researchers to better characterize diseases for improved patient outcomes, and accelerate healthcare innovation and discovery.
We are seeking an independent and motivated Medical Writer to work with our Regulatory team. This individual is a clear communicator, effective collaborator, and proactive problem solver interested in impacting patients’ lives through scientific and medical communications. This individual will collaborate with interdisciplinary teams to communicate important research and clinical capabilities of the Tempus platform. The writer will have the opportunity to learn about our cutting-edge healthcare technology in various disease areas (e.g., clinical oncology, cardiology, infectious diseases, psychiatry) and associated regulatory frameworks.
- Prepare documents to submit to government and/or other regulatory bodies (e.g., FDA, CMS, etc.).
- Generate technical documentation and tailored materials for internal teams (e.g. Commercial, R&D), external clinical and research partners, and regulatory agencies.
- Manage document writing and review processes, including timelines for document generation, submission, revision, and completion.
- Liaise and collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure timely delivery and quality of writing deliverables.
- Degree in biomedical/life sciences or a similar field, or significant, relevant scientific/medical writing and/or FDA experience.
- Experience leading the execution of technical documents, along with a track record of success.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills with a demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects and excel in an ambiguous, rapidly changing environment.
- Demonstrated proactive leadership, project/time management and problem-solving abilities.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of next-generation DNA and RNA sequencing, clinical research concepts, computational biology, data science, and/or oncology.
- Ability to interpret, analyze, and summarize primary scientific/medical literature for a range of audiences.
- Experience working with the FDA or other healthcare government bodies.
- Experience with/knowledge of genomics, bioinformatics and computational biology (e.g., statistics, predictive modeling algorithms).
- Experience with/knowledge of healthcare technology, personalized medicine, and/or related fields.
- Experience using Google Drive and Microsoft Powerpoint, Excel, and Word.
- Experience with/knowledge of genomic data repositories.
- Experience managing projects in a cross-functional setting.