Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of said data. Here at Tempus, we believe the greatest promise for the detection and treatment of cancer lies in the deep understanding of molecular activity for disease initiation, progression, and efficacious treatment based on the discovery of unique biomarkers.
We are seeking an independent and motivated Science Writer to join our Computational Immunology group. This individual will work in an interdisciplinary team to communicate important new biological and clinical insights.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with a fast-moving team of computational biologists, data scientists, and immunologists to prepare research articles for publication in top-tier peer reviewed scientific journals.
- Draft, edit, and submit conference materials, including abstracts, posters, and slide presentations.
- Manage document writing and review processes, develop and maintain timelines for document generation, revision, and completion, with collaboration with other project team members
- Inform and educate clinical and research partners through individually tailored content and general educational materials
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology or a similar field with significant relevant writing experience or Bachelor’s Degree in English or a Communications field and significant relevant science experience. Masters or PhD in a science discipline with writing experience preferred.
- Experience submitting abstracts, manuscripts and grants to conferences, journals and funding agencies, along with a track record of success.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of biostatistical, clinical research concepts, and cancer immunology.
- Ability to read the primary literature and summarize insights to a range of audiences, including laypersons and experts.
- Ability to perform data analysis with MS Excel as needed and develop related graphics and figures.
- Experience with/knowledge of cancer genomics, clinical oncology, immunology.
- Experience with/knowledge of bioinformatics and computational biology (machine learning, statistics, algorithms).
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite/Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign).
- Experience in the development and maintenance of SOPs, such as templates and style manuals.