Science Writer at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus’ proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients at the right time.
Tempus Insights is our business to develop, validate, and launch new predictive tests in oncology, cardiology, and new disease areas. Insights leverages our clinical, molecular, and imaging data to provide novel insights to clinicians and patients.
We are seeking a highly motivated and capable scientific writer with experience and interest in healthcare statistics and bioinformatics to join our team and lead our efforts to bring new clinical algorithms to patients. The position requires knowledge of biology, algorithm validation, statistical analysis, and a passion for scientific writing. Top candidates will also have an epidemiology background.
What You’ll Do
Collaborate with a fast-moving interdisciplinary team of computational biologists, data scientists, pathologists, and research scientists to:
- Prepare scientific manuscripts for publication in top-tier peer-reviewed journals.
- Manage document writing and review processes including timelines for document generation, revision, and completion.
- Review, draft and edit conference materials, including abstracts, posters, and slide presentations.
- Prepare technical documents to submit to regulatory bodies (e.g. Institutional Review Boards).
- Generate tailored materials to inform or educate internal (e.g. sales, marketing, other science/engineering teams) and external (clinical/research) partners.
- Ph.D. in Biomedical Sciences or a similar field with significant relevant writing experience.
- Experience writing and submitting manuscripts, abstracts, grants, or other technical documents to conferences, journals, and funding agencies, along with a track record of success.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of next-generation DNA and RNA sequencing, computational biology (statistics, predictive modeling), clinical research concepts, and/or oncology.
- Ability to read and summarize primary scientific literature for a range of audiences, including laypersons and experts.
- Experience with/knowledge of bioinformatics and computational biology (machine learning, statistics, algorithms).
- Experience with/knowledge of genomics, epidemiology, and oncology.
- Experience with/knowledge of genomic data repositories.
- Experience managing projects in a cross-functional setting.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of regulatory procedures (e.g. IRBs) in healthcare.