Senior Content Strategist, Digital Systems at Morningstar
The Group: Morningstar’s mission is to empower investor success. We strive to illuminate investing in support of this mission, so we can reach and inspire current and future investors. We’re looking for a Senior Content Strategist to join our Marketing team. You’ll contribute in a major way to the evolution of our digital brand experience.
The Role: In this role, you’ll be a core member of a dedicated experience design team working with a cross-disciplinary group of developers, designers, marketers, and editorial strategists to create and iterate on our digital brand experience. This team builds dynamic content experiences that express Morningstar’s investing philosophies at every interaction; you’ll get into the details to understand what information users need and how we can best reach them.
We’re looking for someone who will:
- Partner with user experience designers on site navigation, user flows, and overall information architecture for digital experiences.
- Teach and advocate best content practices for digital experiences, including search optimization.
- Think in systems, always keeping in mind structural hierarchies and the reader’s frame of reference — what came before and what comes after an interaction.
- Maintain style and purpose documentation for page templates and components; adding to it as the site grows and changes.
- Work closely with visual designers and writers to determine creative direction for digital experiences and how the messaging is creatively executed.
- Facilitate discussions with stakeholders, subject-matter experts, business leaders, and our users to get to the heart of business goals and information needs.
- Promote a user-testing mindset, where we test content we produce and how we organize it.
- Champion a natural-language, jargon-free approach to writing content.
Experience we’d like to see:
- 5-10 years of experience in content strategy, with some time spent in a marketing group.
- A degree in journalism, library science, design, or human-computer interaction.
- Experience building site experiences and designing information hierarchies.
- Hands-on knowledge of search engine optimization and user experience principles.
- Confidence in ability to facilitate design thinking sessions to gain consensus with your working partners.
- An understanding of how content strategy fits into CMS development.
- Confidence in ability facilitate discussions using design-thinking tech.
- Superb communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent organization and attention to detail.
- Experience with AP Style is a plus.
This position is based in our Chicago office.