Senior Copywriter Manager at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We're committed to putting people first and helping everyone make smarter decisions towards their financial success. We're doing this by building products and services that are clear, transparent, and above all, honest.
We’re looking for an experienced copywriter to execute all our co-marketing campaigns in partnership with one of our largest e-commerce partners. This is an opportunity for you to help us craft and evolve our brand, our voice, and our messaging as we transition from startup to household name. And it’s an opportunity to provide mentorship to a team of hardworking copywriters. This role reports to our Associated Creative Director, Copywriting, and lives within our broader Creative team that also includes brand design, marketing content, and technical writing.
Our copywriting team is responsible for every word our users read in a marketing context, and so the stakes are high! Execute our copy with the right amount of creativity, polish, and discipline, and we can transform Affirm into the most beloved brand in financial services. We’re going to ask you to help us reach these new heights, so you’ll have a high degree of autonomy to lead and influence how our campaigns come to life.What You’ll Do:
- Being a strong individual contributing copywriter, specifically focused about campaigns in partnership with one of Affirm’s largest e-commerce partners
- Pushing our creativity, campaign concepting, and discipline in how we bring our content and our brand to life
- Facilitating the rollout of a refreshed brand through powerful and consistent messaging and voice
- Bringing to life and evolving the way we tell our story to both B2C and B2B audiences
- Encouraging consistency in voice, messaging, and style at every customer touchpoint
- Partnership, close collaboration, and joint ideation with our brand design team
- Providing creative direction to our partner agencies and platform partners
- Helping build out robust messaging frameworks
- Cultivating continuity with the work of the rest of Affirm’s cross-functional writers
- Advancing cross-functional relationships within marketing and beyond
- 8+ years copywriting experience
- Strong portfolio
- Experience building strong brands
- Experience in partner marketing campaigns
- Experience working with e-commerce platforms a plus
- Strong point of view on copywriting and messaging, grounded in principles
- Ability to clearly, optimally, and consistently articulate rationale for copy decisions
- Experience concepting and executing integrated campaigns centered around big ideas
- Experience collaborating with designers
- Experience working in a highly regulated, complex industry is a plus
- Ability to provide mentorship and coaching to team members
- Ability to take sophisticated concepts and simplify them for a consumer audience
- Strong self-editor
- Highly creative
- Motivated to make Affirm the powerful brand it can be
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.