Senior Science Writer at Tempus
Recent advancements in healthcare technology have made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus’ proprietary platform connects an entire healthcare technology ecosystem to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians. Our platform and data drive precise, individualized care, empower researchers to better characterize diseases and improve patient outcomes, and accelerate healthcare innovation and discovery.
We are seeking an independent and highly motivated Senior Science Writer to join our Scientific Communications team. This individual is a clear communicator, effective collaborator, and proactive problem solver that can drive and deliver results. This individual will collaborate with interdisciplinary teams of computational biologists, data scientists, pathologists, medical science liaisons, and/or research scientists to communicate important research and clinical insights derived from our clinicogenomic database in the oncology field, as well as other disease areas (i.e., cardiology, neurology, infectious diseases).
- Lead the preparation of scientific/clinical manuscripts for publication in top-tier peer-reviewed journals.
- Draft, edit, and submit conference materials, including abstracts, posters, and slide presentations.
- Generate technical documentation and tailored materials for internal (e.g. commercial, regulatory) and external (e.g., clinical research) partners.
- Liaise and collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure timely delivery and quality of writing deliverables.
- Manage publication roadmaps and review processes including timelines for document generation, submission, revision, and completion.
- Contribute to scientific publication guidelines development and communication.
- Support adherence to Good Publication Practice (GPP) and the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE) guidelines.
- Deposit publication-related data to external repositories as needed.
- Serve as a mentor and support team member deliverables.
- Advanced degree in biomedical/life sciences or a similar field with significant, relevant scientific/medical writing experience.
- Experience leading the execution of manuscripts, abstracts, and other technical documents, along with a track record of success.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills with a demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects and excel in an ambiguous, rapidly changing environment.
- Demonstrated proactive leadership, project/time management and problem-solving abilities.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of next-generation DNA and RNA sequencing, clinical research concepts, computational biology, data science, and/or oncology.
- Ability to interpret, analyze, and summarize primary scientific/medical literature for a range of audiences.
- Attention to detail - style, consistency, grammar, syntax, scientific accuracy.
- Knowledge of GPP and ICMJE guidelines.
- Experience with/knowledge of genomics, bioinformatics and computational biology (e.g., statistics, predictive modeling algorithms).
- Experience with/knowledge of healthcare technology, personalized medicine, and/or related fields.
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator and Acrobat.
- Experience with/knowledge of genomic data repositories.
- Experience using google drive and microsoft powerpoint, excel, and word.
- Experience managing projects in a cross-functional setting.