WHO WE ARE
Centro delivers software and services to automate digital media operations for more than 1,000 leading agencies and brands.
Our comprehensive ad tech platform, Basis, supports the planning, reporting, and financial reconciliation of direct, programmatic, search, and social media, all in one place.
We are deeply committed to building software that will change the ad tech industry for the better and are equally dedicated to building an inclusive culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. We invest in our culture and support our employees so they can do their best work.
Centro is headquartered in Chicago, with beautiful offices also in Toronto, Dallas, Denver, and New York to name a few. Post-COVID, many of us will be returning to one of our offices (by choice, not requirement -- we believe results matter more than where they are produced). Our employees have the flexibility to work in one of our office locations, completely remote, or a hybrid of the two. Please note, we are hiring on a remote working basis only in the U.S. and Canada.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Centro's Product team guides the innovation and development of our comprehensive tech platform, Basis. This team blends focus, collaboration, and creativity to fulfill our mission in creating a transformative tool that makes work more streamlined and fulfilling for those who power the ad tech industry.
Customer experience is at the forefront of this team’s work—and also includes market research, cross-departmental stakeholder collaboration, user testing, communicating feature requests to engineers and designers, monitoring impact of new feature rollouts, measuring returns on product investments, and more. Together, they leverage their diverse industry experience and talent to brainstorm new ideas, iterate on old ones, and create the best possible product for our customers.
WAYS YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
Your tech writing expertise will help grow Centro’s Technical Writing team. Each day you will collaborate with a strong, cross-functional team of software architects, developers, testers, designers, and product managers to help our users understand how to use the amazing products we build. You will contribute by:
- Conducting interviews with SMEs and customers to gather data for user-assistance documentation.
- Writing, editing, and publishing user-friendly documentation to help our customers succeed.
- Testing draft deliverables against latest product builds throughout the development cycle to ensure completeness and technical accuracy.
- Building strong business domain knowledge related to online advertising, campaign planning and execution, ad serving technologies, and related topics.
- Helping create standards and guiding principles for Centro’s user assistance.
- Empathizing with our customers' challenges, opportunities, and motivations.
- Bringing fresh, innovative ideas to provide the right product information to our customers at the right time.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience producing high-quality help documentation for enterprise business applications.
- You have experience with XML authoring, content management, and versioning tools.
- You are self-directed and passionate about technology.
- You possess exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- You are a problem-solver with excellent people skills.
- You are proactive and recommend improvements to products and processes.
- You understand how your work contributes to the overall success of the product.
- You have produced customer-facing user guides
- You have experience in JIRA and Confluence tools
- Enterprise web development/SaaS product experience
- Ad tech background
Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay, we recognize that experience can be built in many ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements.
LIFE WITH CENTRO
We take care of our people and believe that Centro’s success depends on the growth and well-being of each one of our team members.
We provide a thoughtful perks and benefits package including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, mental health support, a funded health savings account, paid sabbatical, generous parental leave, a flexible work environment and time off policy, and more.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer are committed to building teams of Centrons that are diverse in thought, perspective, and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, disability, and age. Our employee-led communities enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment.