Senior Technical Writer at DocuSign
Senior Technical Writer
Product and Program Management | Chicago, Illinois
Our Agreement with Employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Product Experience team - Design, Information, and Insights - focuses on our customers and their business needs. We contribute from the concept all the way to the building of world-class product experiences by partnering with Product Managers, Program Managers, Software Engineers and other cross-functional teams. Together, we are a team of craftspeople who aim to make the complex look easy. We employ insights, pixels, and words to solve big problems and make delightful experiences.
As a Senior Technical Writer, you act as a customer evangelist who knows how to create and deliver information experiences and content that drive understanding and customer delight. You are a technical, critical thinker with a focus on execution and a passion for creating great content for customers whose needs you care about deeply. You seek simplicity and completion in the content they create. Customers' informational background, needs, and their objectives are always at the forefront of your mind. You create content that makes adoption of our products easy. In this role, you will focus on developing content for our contract lifecycle management products
This position reports to the Senior Manager, Product Information.
- Designs, creates and publishes content that is informative, concise, visually compelling, and a delight to consume
- Creates and maintains clear, understandable technical and feature documentation for internal and external use from a commercial end-user audience to enterprise admin audience
- Partner with Product Designers to work on creation of and documentation of information flows within complex workflows from concept, wireframes, prototypes and style guides
- Deliver content assets on time and at expected quality to make sure great content is available with the product release
- Collaborates with internal teams and partners, including engineers, product managers and designers on documentation and visual comps and provides input from an information perspective
- Thinks critically and uses data to inform content to ensure we remain true to customer information needs and make an impact
- Collaborates with other authors and helps lead others in upholding
- Understands and evangelizes the benefits of finding brevity and delivering the exact right content to meet the needs of the audience
- Manages multiple projects with ease and helps guide other authors as needed, setting stakeholder expectations, prioritizing their own work, and working individually and collaborating across teams
- Audits and evaluates existing content and recommends changes/rewrite to meet brand guidelines and content standards
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of experience with successful technical writing and related roles
- 5+ years of relevant experience is with high-tech, including SaaS, learning
- 2+ years experience with contract lifecycle management or designing and implementing business processes
- Excellent at communicating up and across organizations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience writing for enterprise customers
- Proven ability to establish successfully adopted content development standards and governance processes
- Experience with using and implementing DITA-based authoring tools or other structured-authoring frameworks
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the discussion and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.