Sr. Corporate Keynote Writer and Storyteller at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
This position reports to: Director of Keynotes (Content)
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. At ServiceNow, we put people at the heart of everything we do. We’re dedicated to bringing a smarter way to workflowTM to people everywhere.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
About the role
We are seeking a rare hybrid of an individual who can comfortably traverse the worlds of technology and creativity to write, and help bring to life, compelling keynotes for one of the world’s hottest cloud technology companies. The role will be responsible for articulating what is possible with ServiceNow and conveying our core messaging from the stage (and screen!) in a way that engages and inspires our employees, customers, partners, ecosystem.
We need a creative and compelling storyteller with a proven writing background who will thrive as a senior individual contributor on our keynotes team, based in the product and solutions marketing organization. The ideal candidate is an imaginative and proactive self-starter who demonstrates a very high level of attention to detail and quality, even under the pressure of delivering live shows. The candidate needs the ability to think strategically and to distil multiple inputs to clearly present our value propositions as an engaging narrative to a range of audiences, from specialist to the C-suite, and inspire our customers to learn and grow with ServiceNow products and solutions.
The candidate must have experience working with, and writing for, executive-level speakers or equivalent profile. This role will require collaborating with a range of internal stakeholders across engineering teams, marketing (strategy, product, technical and brand), sales and other customer-facing teams to incorporate stage-worthy partners, customers, demos, videos and any other compelling supporting content into any given show.
What you get to do in this role
Develop the messaging priorities and content for executive and corporate keynotes, in partnership with key stakeholders, for external events such as Knowledge, Now at Work, and our semiannual platform launches, as well as for key internal events such as our annual Sales Kickoff. Write formal scripts for keynotes being delivered on the stage (creating the narrative and the speaker notes and overseeing the development of visuals) and on the screen (writing production-ready scripts). Drive visuals, demos, guest speaker selection, videos and other supporting content (through other teams or agencies) as key deliverables in executing a highly orchestrated and engaging show. Process and incorporate core product and solution messaging into executive presentations in such a way that messaging is conveyed in a natural, fluid and engaging manner.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who is:
And who has:
- Develop a strong understanding of cross-organizational use-cases for our products and solutions so as to reiterate and reinforce ServiceNow’s omnilateral value to customers.
- Work with a large range of stakeholders and personalities to deliver high-quality, mission-critical shows on time and on budget.
- Manage and coach executive keynote speakers as necessary for both physical and digital events, again accommodating a wide variety of personalities and styles at the highest level of the organization.
- Help identify and support key event activities - including narrative architecture, speaker selection, content reviews and developing supporting abstracts, blog/podcast highlights and web copy as needed.
- Incorporate analytics and metrics into a continuous improvement cycle so that every event builds on accumulated experience, constantly monitoring the landscape and production tools and techniques which can help us push the boundaries and innovate for each new show.
- A technology enthusiast who is able to understand and rearticulate the function and value of our products and solutions (though not expected to know our products before hiring),
- Passion about our products and solutions and the possibilities of shaping the future of how people work,
- Reliable and pulls out all the stops to get things done,
- Flexible and has the mental and physical stamina to seasonally do some long hours around key productions,
- Creative and has high standards,
- Able to influence others,
- Flexible and dynamic to accommodate late changes or additions to content and still incorporate them in time without jeopardizing the show,
- A clear and perceptive communicator who can align and if necessary, re-align, numerous production stakeholders, especially as changes are being made, and especially at crunch time, and
- Able to work well and stay focused under pressure, able to stay the course, especially when in a live production environment and especially when leadership and key decision-making is required.
- Confident leadership skills to align and orchestrate a number of groups toward a common production goal, with
- A disposition of being both hungry and humble.
- 12+ years of outbound executive content development experience, preferably at a large or high-growth technology company.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field.
- Broad experience in writing, editing and pitching narrative, scripts, and presentations.
- Experience creating on-stage and video-based keynote outlines, staging, and scripts, as well as helping production crews to build out cue-sheets as necessary.
- Experience managing complex, high visibility projects.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 (exceptional skills in MS Word and MS PowerPoint are expected), and preferably experience in Apple Keynote as well as in any of the Adobe products which are useful in building out compelling keynote content.
- Compelling portfolio or examples of work.
- Experience working with back-stage, on-set and/or production crews, providing critical guidance as the content expert.
- An excellent eye and ear for detail.
- Must have very strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent people skills to interact with executives, agencies, colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third parties.
- Initially up to 20% travel (including international) to support events, as global health situations permit, possibly increasing over time.
- Can go outside of the writing lane in order to pull together multiple aspects of the content; graphic design and video production skills are a big plus.
- Agency-side experience is a plus.
- Experience managing multiple agencies and onboarding new ones as necessary.
- Strategic thinker.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.