Customer Success | Chicago, Illinois
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Customer Success team is the largest organization in the world focused entirely on agreement processes and technologies. We are the Agreement Experts. With hundreds of thousands of successful customers worldwide, we know how to help our customers see results quickly. And that experience is just one of the reasons our customers trust us to connect, automate, and integrate their systems of agreement, everywhere they need to get work done. As part of our global team of Agreement Experts – in professional services, customer success management, learning and enablement, and customer support – you’ll bring your knowledge, insights, and proven expertise to help our customers achieve more than they ever thought possible.
The technical writer is a customer evangelist who knows how to create and deliver information experiences and content that help drive product adoption and customer delight. They are technical, critical thinkers with a focus on execution and a passion for creating great content for customers whose needs they care about deeply. They seek simplicity and completion in the content they create. Customers informational background, needs, and their objectives are always at the forefront of their mind. A DocuSign technical writer helps create content that makes adoption of our products easy.
This position is an Individual Contributor and reports to the Sr Manager, Product Information.
- Designs, creates and publishes content that is informative, concise, visually compelling, and a delight to consume.
- Creates and maintains clear, understandable technical and feature documentation for internal and external use from a commercial end-user audience to enterprise admin audience.
- Design information flows and copy web and/or mobile applications
- Partner with Product Designers to work on creation of information flows within complex workflows from concept, wireframes, prototypes and style guides.
- Deliver content assets on time and at expected quality to make sure great content is available with the product release.
- Collaborates with internal teams and partners, including engineers, product managers and designers on documentation and visual comps and provides input from an information perspective.
- Thinks critically and uses data to inform content to ensure we remain true to customer information needs and make an impact.
- Collaborates with other authors and helps lead others in upholding
- Understands and evangelizes the benefits of finding brevity and delivering the exact right content to meet the needs of the audience.
- Manages multiple projects with ease and helps guide other authors as needed, setting stakeholder expectations, prioritizing their own work, and working individually and collaborating across teams.
- Audits and evaluates existing content, and recommends changes/rewrite to meet brand guidelines and content standards.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in high-tech industry, preferably SaaS
- 5+ years of experience creating and publishing successful technical content.
- Proven ability to influence senior leadership
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Capacity to work on cross-functional projects
- Strong self-driven time management and prioritization abilities
- Proven ability to establish successfully adopted content development standards and governance processes
- Experience with using and implementing DITA-based authoring tools or other structured-authoring frameworks
- Experience writing for enterprise customers as well as consumer is a plus
- Additional experience in any of the following areas a plus: workshop facilitation; graphic facilitation or illustration, program management, terminology, marketing collateral or journalism
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the discussion and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.