Technical Writer at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
We like to design products that keep things simple. As we continue to evolve, creating a seamless integration experience for our merchant partners is a vital component to delivering groundbreaking products that improve lives.
Although our technical writing team is small, we get a ton of cross-functional support from various teams working together to constantly improve our documentation. It’s more than just jotting down instructions. We take a holistic approach and act as the bridge between our engineers, marketing team, and external partners and developers that use and integrate our products. As a technical writer, you’ll work to transform complex technical content into digestible information that’s clear, concise, and easy to follow.
As a member of the technical writing team, you’ll have the autonomy to take ownership of a variety of different projects. You’ll be in a unique position to interact with our engineering, marketing, customer operations, and compliance teams to maintain the quality and consistency of our merchant-facing documentation. Additionally, you’ll help maintain internal documentation and process guides for developer support and engineering teams leveraging our internal tools and resources.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with engineers, developer support, merchant help, product managers, and various other teams to develop excellent documentation for a variety of audiences.
- Plan and research to understand the technical details of new products and features to document
- Deliver clear, concise, and well-structured content for constantly evolving documentation
- Design, draft and edit both internal and external technical and process documentation
- Review, edit, and update existing documentation
- Update code samples, technical guides, and product screenshots
- Edit and publish release announcements for new products and features
- Assist the team on shared projects and long-term initiatives
What we look for
- Experience working with CMS platform authoring tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A BA or BS in a related field (English or Computer Science), or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with collaborating across multiple teams
- Project management skills
- Ability to work with autonomy in a busy environment
- A true passion and enjoyment for writing
Location - Remote Canada
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in the U.S. (exclusive of the U.S. Territories) and Canada (with the exception of Quebec).
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.