project44 is revolutionizing the freight and logistics industry by applying cutting edge technologies to automate the entire lifecycle of freight shipments including quoting, scheduling, and real-time visibility. project44’s network of APIs is capable of optimizing the shipment lifecycle, empowering companies to deliver the best customer experience possible, and provide up to date data while cutting costs along the way.
You’ll be the go-to technical writer for creating comprehensive product documentation that’s accurate, concise and effective. As a Technical Writer, you thrive at writing conceptual overviews and procedures, reading and writing example code and updating help center queries and FAQs. You’re a key link between Engineers, Product Managers and Marketing, tying together many vital but disparate parts of the project44 ecosystem.
- Write clear and accurate documentation that enables customers to deploy, use and scale our software effectively and efficiently. Design and organize documentation sets for new APIs and developer products.
- Edit, clarify and proofread documents written by others, and coach non-writers on ways to improve their writing skills
- Manage complex documentation projects
- Supplement developer documentation with relevant sample code
- Work closely with agile development teams and product managers to define documentation requirements and produce customer-facing docs
- Discuss technical details and solve problems with engineers, customer support reps, technical writers, and customers every day
- Follow an established writing style guide and work with editors to create the best possible documentation for customers
Requirements & Preferred Skills:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in technical writing, product documentation or other forms of online technical content
- Experience researching and writing technically accurate, concise and thorough content for developers (APIs, SDKs, web technologies, code example)
- Ability to learn technical concepts quickly
- Excellent content planning and organization skills
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Strong communication skills and grasp of written English
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience