UX Writer at Jellyvision
Jellyvision is hiring a UX Writer
Jellyvision’s headquarters is in Chicago, and, post-COVID, many of us will be returning to the Chicago offices (by choice, not requirement -- our philosophy is “Flexible First”). But this position is also eligible for work by a remote employee out of CA, FL, GA, IL, KY, MA, MI, MN, NY, NC, OH, OR, PA, TX, UT, WA, or WI.
Who we are
We at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX, a platform that saves employees and their employers money by making tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits—less confusing and more enjoyable. The success of ALEX has exceeded our wildest work-related dreams, which is why we need an experienced UX Writer to help us continue on our journey.
How you’ll help
As a UX Writer at Jellyvision, you’ll help craft the language that millions of our end users hear and see when they use our products. Your days may include updating the logic-based scripts for our interactive ALEX products, writing video scripts or educational content for new products, working with our UI/UX designers to craft incredible microcopy, and helping rewrite this very job description the next time we need to hire someone like you.
Our brand and the success of our products rely hugely on our writers, who have an ear for how people speak in their everyday lives. You’ll weave word magic & need to believe in your heart that every topic is inherently interesting and can be explained clearly, no matter how ostensibly boring or complicated it is.
What you’ll do
- Write in a variety of mediums, both within our existing products and on new products and features, balancing Jellyvision’s desire to express our unique brand voice with our users’ desire to achieve their goals quickly and easily.
- Research and understand extremely complex topics related to healthcare, benefits, and finances, and synthesize that research into problems you’ll concept solutions to.
- Work with a cross-functional team to create prototypes that illustrate key product features.
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and customer-facing roles to find creative solutions to user and customer problems.
- Help gather user and customer reactions to validate our concepts.
- Explain and re-explain your creative vision for the duration of a project, collaborating with artists, designers, and engineers to bring great user experiences to life.
- Give others (writers and non-writers alike) clear, constructive feedback on their work.
- Partner closely with product managers and product owners, marketing, sales, and user and customer research teams to be sure our messages are consistent and well-informed.
- Participate in scoping and effort estimates for work.
Experience & skills you’ll need
- Exceptional writing talent across a variety of mediums, with demonstrated skill in crafting succinct, conversational, clever, and helpful language.
- An ability to understand and create logically complex user experiences like the ones underlying many of our products.
- A knack for understanding what’s inherently interesting & relevant about whatever you’re communicating, and the drive to ask questions until you do.
- The ability to develop a deep understanding and empathy for our users and customers, via instinct, experience, and research.
- Skill in conveying concepts creatively, logically, and concisely in writing and talking.
- Tech savvy. We won’t ask you to set up our wireless network, but you may be using some new software or be asked to learn some simple bits of code to help articulate logic-based content.
- An ability to think audio-visually. Any background or dabbling in audio or film editing will come in handy (though it’s not required).
- An unusually sharp sense of humor and attention to detail.
- Creative judgment. You’ll need to know funny, polished, clever, and clear when you see it, and when you don’t, how to get to it.
- Mental agility. Being able to improvise and iterate is essential.
- Strategic mindset
- Nimble learning
- Manages complexity
- Cultivates Innovation
- Customer focus
- Communicates effectively
Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing people to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!