One North is a full-service digital agency helping businesses solve complex problems in creative ways. We’re makers, technologists and relationship builders guiding you toward what’s next. Unlike traditional agencies, we stitch together a deep level of expertise across disciplines so that we can do the work of multiple teams. With capabilities in brand and communications, digital experience, technology and infrastructure, and optimization and insights, we can take on any challenge. We deliver the human element to digital so that your big ideas come to life. One North is a TEKsystems company.
We are a fast-paced organization with a dynamic and diverse work environment. Our values guide our hiring decisions and shape how we make a meaningful impact for our clients.
One North is looking to add a Writer to our open, inclusive and collaborative team. In this role, you will be on the front lines helping our clients plan, create, and deliver content. Ideally, this candidate will have strong and demonstrated writing chops (headlines, taglines and sharp, persuasive copy, both short- and long-form) and storytelling skills. As part of our multidisciplinary Experience Design team, you will be at the center of every project and connected all of the way through from concept to execution.
One North is structured in an open office environment with room to collaborate across a number of different teams and functions. Overlooking the Chicago River, our office is located in the Loop.
• Create and structure compelling content for websites, collateral, apps and other digital experiences aligned to clients’ strategic imperatives and vision
• Develop unique campaign concepts and content that solve clients' business and brand challenges
• Collaborate in the development of brand strategy and translate brand platforms into strategic narratives and public-facing language
• Collaborate with designers, developers and strategists to create and refine content for a chosen design direction
• Interview subject-matter experts to gather relevent background information
• Managing time effectively, adhering to schedules and budgets to meet client deadlines
• Review all content for accuracy before final production, including proofreading, spell checking and copy editing
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably related to Marketing, Communications, or Writing/Journalism
• 2+ years of experience in a brand or writing-specific role, preferably within an agency
• Outstanding writing and conceptual development skills, along with communication and presentation skills
• Comfortable participating in open creative sessions - including brainstorming, work critiques and internal presentations
• Strong self-manager with impeccable attention-to-detail
• Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams as well as work independently