project44 is revolutionizing the freight and logistics industry by applying cutting edge technologies to automate the entire lifecycle of freight shipments including quoting, scheduling, and real-time visibility. project44’s network of APIs is capable of optimizing the shipment lifecycle, empowering companies to deliver the best customer experience possible, and provide up to date data while cutting costs along the way.
We’re looking for an experienced Controller to bring passion, work ethic and expertise needed to streamline accounting processes at a fast-growing tech startup. The right candidate will be a self-starter and able to manage operational tasks as well as setup internal controls for the department. p44 is looking for a smart individual that is looking to build upon the basic processes in our accounting department and move us to the next level.
- Responsible for daily operational tasks such as accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll functions
- Daily Deposits, Payment application and cash management
- Month End Close process, Bank Reconciliation, Trial Balance and Account schedule reconciliations as well as General Ledger Entries
- Establish internal templates and formalize processes related to financial reporting
- Research and implement a more online accounting approach that integrates within our current sales platforms
Qualifications and Preferred Skills
- 5+ years of accrual accounting knowledge including accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Previous experience leading an audit, ideal.
- Deep understanding of GAAP and accrual accounting
- Ability to read and identify errors with Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Statement of Cash Flow
- Strong communication skills; ability to speak to, corporate leadership, partners, and customers
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to rapidly develop and cultivate relationships with peers, partners, and key influencers
- Ability to work independently and perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism
- Ability to see all tasks through to completion, consistently, with a high attention to detail
- Experience with SaaS Enterprise a plus