Data Engineering Intern
We help marketers unlock new revenue by arming them with the technology and expertise they need to succeed in mobile marketing. Catapult, our mobile engagement platform, enables marketers to easily manage all mobile communication channels including text messaging, push notifications, Apple Wallet, Android Pay and mobile web campaigns — all through a single interface. Vibes has delivered more than five billion mobile experiences on behalf of customers that include Chiptole, Gap, Old Navy, Home Depot, Pet Smart, Foot Locker and Allstate, and is recognized as one of only four Tier 1 aggregators by the Common Short Code Administration (CSCA).
To learn more about Vibes, visit www.vibes.com.
We are a group of passionate engineers in love with technology working for a software company in the fast-paced mobile arena. Culture is king for us. We focus on collaboration and constant improvement with our products and ourselves. We practice agile software development with a strong focus on sharing knowledge. We care about the software that we develop and strive to have the biggest business impact we can with our work. We set time aside for personal projects with our “Days of Impact”. Days of impact is an event that occurs twice a quarter for 2 days at a time where you are given free reign to hack away at what you think is valuable to yourself and the company. We have “summer hours”, a balcony, a hot tub time machine, and free pop. We also have a pool table, foosball, and Ping-Pong table to give your mind a break throughout the day.
This is a full-time or part time winter position located in downtown Chicago at 300 West Adams. We can work together to create a flexible schedule.
- Work as a member of the Data & analytics team to write quality software, unit tests, and integration tests
- Pair with engineers to design, implement, maintain, and test cutting edge technology solutions and new frameworks
- Work with new and upcoming cloud data technologies
- Learning best practices and new approaches from your peers
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Experience and interest in python
- Exposure to SQL-based data technologies
- Exposure to airflow would be nice to have
- Experience writing valuable unit and integration tests
- Agile, Iterative, and Test Driven thinker
- Strong communication and critical thinking skills
- Curiosity and Eagerness to learn and try new things
- Self-motivated and ability to drive concepts to delivery
Our Core Values:
- Respect, Honesty, and Integrity for All Stakeholders
- Always be Learning
- Relentless Focus on the Customer
- Never be Satisfied
- Create Value
- Seek Accountability and Ownership
Vibes is an equal opportunity employer that encourages and fosters diversity in the workplace. We offer a career building experience in a fast paced organization and industry.
Please click 'Apply Now' down below to apply to this position.