Data Lake Engineering Manager
Infutor provides world-class data solutions for businesses to most accurately identify key consumer information, powering them to make critical, strategic business decisions. We do this through access to the most comprehensive and accurate data, provided through powerful and flexible technology, giving businesses extensive insight into the core of their business. Infutor's data solutions drive essential business functions in identity verification, fraud and risk, marketing, analytics, multi-media, and compliance applications.
Infutor was formed in 2003 as a compiler of mass telephone and referential data assets. Since then, Infutor Data Solutions has grown into a full-service provider, producing world-class data solutions, which empower businesses to make critical, strategic decisions. In 2016, Infutor received a large strategic investment led by the growth equity team at Norwest Venture Partners, a global multi-stage investment firm with more than $6 billion in capital under management.
Infutor’s headquarters are located in Oakbrook Terrace, IL. with offices in Fort Myers, FL., and San Rafael de Escazú, Costa Rica.
The Data Lake Engineering Manager will oversee data engineer scrum teams responsible for Infutor’s ingestion of external and customer data sources, transformation and cleansing of the data into a consolidated data model, and creation of output data to create customer data products and to feed customer applications. This role will report to the Chief Technology Officer, and be based in the corporate headquarters in Oakbrook Terrace, IL.
Responsibilities and Duties
As the Data Lake Engineering Manager, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the success and management of the US and Costa Rica scrum teams that run legacy processes to ingest, transform and deliver data products to Infutor file install customers.
- Partner with the CTO and lead the evaluation and choice of new innovative Big Data technology, Data Lake approaches and commercial or open source ETL software to create a new future data ingestion platform running in AWS.
- This new ETL/ELT/Ingestion platform will be built by moving industry leading data matching and cleansing logic from the legacy applications into a Cloud Microservices architecture (Lambda/Docker), with all rules stored in a central data repository (not in the code) that can then be leveraged internally by the new platform, and eventually externally by our customers as data cleansing API’s.
- The new platform will feed a consolidated data model (InfutorGraphDB) in AWS (Redshift) as a source of truth for consumer and household identities along with other consumer attributes and intelligence.
- Transformation routines will need to be orchestrated in the new platform to ingest customer and external data sources from the Data Lake, as well as streaming data, and perform Master Data Management (MDM), cleansing and execution of Data Intelligence Microservices to feed the consolidated InfutorGraph DB.
- Transformation routines will also need to be created to create customer install files to be delivered to customers via SFTP and to feed legacy applications to replace the current Q Files process. The goal of the new platform is to eventually replace all current legacy data ingestion processes.
- Ensure the new platform is secure and engineered to meet high quality standards that not only meet business and continuity needs, but are designed to adapt and scale in the long-term.
- Recruit, coach and mentor a world-class, data engineering team based in Costa Rica to build this new platform. Provide clear direction, encourage professional development, and motivate the team to achieve success. Reinforce the cultural principles of Infutor and set the leadership tone for the team
- During the transition to the new platform, oversee continuous improvement of existing legacy data ingestion environments and processes.
Qualifications and Skills
Ideal Business Experience
- Bachelor's degree in discipline appropriate to assignment or an equivalent combination of education and experience (related certifications are a plus).
- Strong and innovative leader who can mentor, manage and develop multiple geographically distributed engineering/data scrum teams.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously. Demonstrates creativity and innovation in problem solving and applying appropriate methodologies relevant to the complexity of the challenge.
- Foundational experience in a well-managed, process oriented, financially and metric driven company. An ability to apply best-in-class methodologies to a legacy environment is crucial.
- Experience collaborating with internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in team management and leadership roles.
Ideal Technical Experience
- Proven hands-on experience, leadership and expertise with leading commercial or open-source ETL software such as Informatica, Talend, Matillion, Boomi, Jitterbit or similar.
- Strong track record in MDM (Master Data Management), Data Architecture, Data matching and cleansing.
- Experience in Big Data processing technologies such as Hadoop, Apache Spark, EMR.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in using ETL software to ingest, transform and load data.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Master Data Management (MDM) tools and patterns.
- Strong understanding of relational database technologies, concepts and SQL.
- Experience in No-SQL databases / JSON is a plus.
Benefits and Perks
Because at Infutor, People Matter
Our total rewards package is competitive and offers a wide range of options, including tools and resources that help employees live their best life, grow personally and professionally, and get rewarded for the results they deliver. Our benefit programs and services help employees attain their future retirement savings and career goals, as well as help to meet their everyday needs today.
Our benefit offering is designed to allow employees to tailor a benefits package that best meets their unique needs. Benefits are offered through a partnership with ADP TotalSource, providing online access to enrollment, resources, and support.
Our benefits are subject to change, and offered to Full-Time, Permanent Employees.
- Ownership—Performance Unit Grants
- Corporate Bonus Program Eligibility
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- 100% employer paid monthly premiums for Employee Only Coverage for Medical, Dental, & Vision.
- A variety of medical and prescription drug insurance plan options available through our provider, Humana , including a Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) Plan, two Point-Of-Service (PSO) Plans, and a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP).
- Dental ( Guardian ) and Vision ( VSP ) insurance.
- Free Access to Life Management Tools: Employee Assistance Program, Discounts, Wellness, and iLearn Professional Development Portal
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) for Healthcare and Dependent Care through WageWorks. A Healthcare Spending Account (HSA) is available when you choose the HDHP.
- 100% employer paid Group Term Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Personal Loss Insurance, and Long-Term Disability .
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan administered by Voya that allows participants to have the choice of Roth or pre-taxed contributions automatically deducted from your pay.
- Voluntary Benefits designed exclusively for ADP TotalSource by Mercer Voluntary Benefits, a leader in employee benefits program design. Utilizing Mercer’s Marketplace portal, this value-based program provides access to a wide variety of insurance products and services that offer the advantage of group rates and the convenience of payroll deductions.
- Auto & Home Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Group Legal Services Plan
- Identity Protection Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance & Group Universal Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Coverage
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- Paid Time Off for vacation, illness, and parental leave.
- Company sponsored events and much more!