Actuarial Analyst at Kin Insurance
!Sorry, this job was removed at 12:38 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, January 8, 2020
Here at Kin, we’re looking for self-motivated thinkers/innovators ready to make a change for our customers. We value tackling challenges head on, breaking down walls, but remaining chill about it.
Kin Insurance is an insurtech startup that sells affordable, user-friendly homeowners insurance. Unlike many startups that gather users and figure out how to be profitable later, we are selling a product that homeowners need and depend on now. We’re innovating in an industry largely untouched by tech, so we are always thinking big.
We believe autonomy is key to job satisfaction, which is why we say the person closest to the problem should solve it. It’s also why we offer unlimited vacation time: we trust in our team to manage their own projects and time. If you want the chance to develop your skills, work with some of the best minds in the industry, and see what you’re really capable of, come learn and grow with us.
So, what’s the role?
Kin is revolutionizing the home insurance industry. We think homeowners deserve better, so we’re making the process of quoting and purchasing insurance easier. In order to continue to offer innovative products and services, we need to expand our team of Insurance experts. We’re looking for innovative thinkers who agree with us, insurance can be exciting!
This individual will bring their industry expertise and lend a hand to multiple areas of the business including being one of the founding members of our actuarial team. We’ll need your expertise to help us build our actuarial knowledge, guide decisions, and build and standardize reporting.
A day in the life could include:
- Provide insight and expertise to members of leadership
- Prepare rate filings to state Departments of Insurance and negotiate rate approvals
- Measure and manage impacts of pricing changes
- Evaluate and improve performance of existing rating and underwriting plans
- Drive risk selection, profitability, and growth- Project management including planning, business requirements quality, timeliness, and quality
- Along with leadership and other insurance product experts, develop and execute personal lines strategy and franchise organizational model
- Prior experience as an actuarial analyst
- Strong analytical skills with solid understanding of all casualty actuarial techniques, standards, and assumptions
- Demonstrated expertise and market knowledge in pricing & homeowner rate making
At this time, we are unable to sponsor employment visas
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
Being in the insurance industry we recognize the importance of comprehensive benefits for you and your family. That’s why we provide a variety of options and coverage levels to customize a plan that’s right for you.
Commuter Benefit Plans
Flex Spending Accounts
Onsite gym membership
Company provided lunch several times a month
Rotating option of snacks, daily
Sodas, unlimited flavored waters, coffee
These are just some of the benefits and perks we provide!
Read Full Job Description