Hello, we're Kin Insurance
Kin Insurance was founded in 2016 on one simple principle: homeowners deserve better. Your home insurer should be a partner in all things homeownership, not just an address that gets a check you mail. We help you find a better home insurance policy, and we don't stop there. We'll help get you deals on smart home tech and make your home safer.
Why Work with Us?
We don't want to brag or anything, but we're pretty excited to be a force of change in the insurance industry! We are passionate about our mission: changing the industry and providing top-notch service to our customers. At Kin, we value transparency, everyone should feel like an executive and business owner.
An Insider's view of Kin Insurance
What’s the vibe like in the office?
This company has inclusiveness that transcends all demographics. I love getting up every morning and walking through the doors at Kin! There is a vibe on the floor that makes a traditionally stuffy industry feel like we are changing the world!
How do you collaborate with other teams in the company?
Recent collaborations between the sales and customer service team inspired a new team altogether – Kin’s Customer Wellness Team, which I’m glad to be part of. It allows me to blend my sales skills with the CS team’s famous empathy when I check in with customers about their insurance and review their ongoing coverage needs
Sales and Customer Wellness Consultant
How does the company support your career growth?
Working at Kin has allowed me to take more ownership of my work and be empowered to contribute my skills meaningfully. I am encouraged to tackle challenging projects and find my own solutions along with feedback and support my colleagues generously provide.
QA and Scrum Master
How do you make yourself accessible to the rest of the team?
In fast-moving startups, time is limited, but leadership should never be an afterthought. We create a culture where we share ideas at weekly all-hands, daily huddles, and over ping pong. I make myself available by moving my desk often and with formal one-on-ones with my team. The best ideas and vision come from the team collectively, not executives
What does your typical day look like?
In customer service, there is no such thing as a typical day! There is always something to learn and new ways to think creatively to assist our customers. Being able to think fast and adapt to situations keeps the job exciting. I enjoy problem solving and creating exceptional customer service experiences for everyone I interact with.
Customer Service Assistant Manager
Where we are
Directly off of the Monroe Blue Line stop, our new office sites in the heart of the loop, with quick access to Millennium Park.
Perks + Benefits
Health Insurance & Wellness
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Retirement & Stock Options
Vacation & Time Off
Unlimited Vacation Policy
- I appreciate the chance to grow. I started in operations and then moved to underwriting. I am fully encouraged and supported in obtaining my certifications. There is upward mobility and the guidance you need in order to make your goals a reality.JoshUnderwriter
- What I enjoy most about working at Kin is that my thoughts are valued and my manager trusts me to solve significant problemsDerekOperations Manager
- Revolutionizing an industry is no easy task but it makes my job exciting! It's energizing to find solutions to problems that impact people's lives. We're using technology to find improvement and there is satisfaction that comes with this work!LizOperations Manager
- To be successful at Kin, you just need a great work ethic, a good attitude, and a drive for constant improvement. We can – and will – teach you everything else you need to know.JosephSales Manager
- We use tech for experiences that haven’t been possible before. We trawl datasets for immediate recommendations, in real time. We figure out what might endanger a home, what we can do to protect it, and how to rapidly fix it if the worst does happen.DennySenior Software Engineer
Jobs at Kin Insurance6 open jobs
Data + Analytics
Dev + Engineer
Technology we use
- Ruby on RailsFrameworks
- Red ShiftDatabases