Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What is an Actuarial Manager at Clearcover?
Clearcover is looking for a strategic and forward-focused actuary with experience working in high performing teams combined with proven business savvy specific to property and casualty insurance. Experience and appreciation of reinsurance concepts, catastrophe risk management and modeling with a focus on the property and casualty industry will be key to achieving performance objectives in this role.
This role reports to Clearcover’s Chief Actuary and will function as the subject matter expert on reinsurance and risk management. This role will eventually have the opportunity to manage a team of actuarial analysts that support multi-state and product offering launches and a wide variety of complex analytical projects.
About the role
The Actuarial Manager is someone who has experience with economic capital modeling framework for a variety of Personal lines insurance products. They will be responsible for assisting in the optimization of reinsurance programs and catastrophe modeling for the portfolio. They will provide direction on reinsurance arrangements to ensure that these offer competitive, industry leading solutions and are implemented appropriately. They will represent the insurance organization in the evaluation, and analysis of reinsurer proposals including the analysis of financial impacts of all options on a GAAP and Statutory basis. This team will also evaluate profitability of products, recommend corrective actions, identify growth opportunities and support new product development for organic opportunities.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- ACAS/FCAS designation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity and willingness to utilize technical skills (SQL, Python, R, etc.)
- An effective ambassador for the player-coach framework
- Proven ability to influence and lead
- Ability to learn new applications and systems
- Ability to process complex data from multiple sources
- Ability to articulate information in a way that can be interpreted and understood at all expertise levels
- Alignment with Clearcover core values
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited PTO, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover the vast majority of your premiums to make the cost of you and your family's coverage affordable. Plus, we contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- We invest in your future by contributing 3% of your salary to a 401(K), even if you don't
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social (for once we’re back in the office)
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.