Applied Research Scientist - ATG at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
Candidates based in the Toronto area will be considered for this role too.
The Advanced Technology Group (ATG) at ServiceNow is a customer-focused innovation group building intelligent software and smart user experiences using existing and emerging data and AI technologies to enable end-to-end, industry leading work experiences for customers. We are a group of researchers, applied scientists, engineers and product managers with a dual mission. We build and evolve the AI platform, and partner closely with business units to build products and end-to-end AI-powered work experiences for customers. In equal measure, we lay the foundations, research, experiment and de-risk AI technologies that unlock new work experiences in the future.
Our team is responsible for the development of core computer vision technologies at ServiceNow.
We’re growing fast! We’re looking for a Senior AI Applied Research Scientist to join our development team, based in Montreal or Toronto.
What you get to do in this role:
- Confronted with real-world challenges and datasets, you will need to use your AI/CV expertise and creativity to apply existing methods and develop new ones to solve these problems in a practical and scalable way.
- Research and propose appropriate models/techniques, as well as implement and train the models yourself, leveraging when appropriate classical machine learning methods as well as deep learning.
- Contribute to the design, implementation and operation of user-friendly and scalable machine learning models.
- Collaborate daily with a team of like-minded developers, applied research scientists, product managers and quality engineers to produce quality software.
- Work with product owners to understand detailed requirements and own your code from design, implementation, testing and delivery of high-quality & high-impact solutions to our users.
To be successful in this role you have:
- M.S. with at least 2 years of experience working on artificial intelligence, with particular emphasis on computer vision
- At least 1 year of hands-on experience in building Machine Learning solutions to solve real-world problems.
- At least 3 years of experience with Python
- At least 2 years of experience with deep learning model development tools such as Pytorch, TensorFlow, etc.
- Experience with good software engineering practices such as code review and developing automated tests, etc.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.