Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone. At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation. That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
The Analytics Team
At Arity, our Data Science team is at the core of helping us transform mobility. We not only know how to analyze and find meaning within billions of miles of driving data collected from smartphones, onboard devices and third parties; we are passionate about how it affects the end-users of our products. On our team people get the opportunity to build scalable distributed data pipelines, develop and deploy an array of machine learning algorithms, and create eye-opening data visualizations. We find top talent from various quantitative disciplines to collaborate with product owners, software engineers, and experience designers in development teams to create innovative products to make transportation smarter, safer, and more useful for everyone.
Where good people build rewarding careers.
This is a Summer 2022 internship for students currently enrolled in a degree program. This role is responsible for the use and development of data infrastructure projects and proof of concept business solutions for users in Analytics and Data Science. The Business Analytics Consulting (BAC) role uses business and technical acumen to find applications of analytics to solve business problems across the enterprise. The main responsibility of the BAC is to deliver value by providing our business partners with tools, processes, insights and communications that improve their overall analytical capability.
The Business Analytics Consultant Intern position is an analyst position that will use business and technical acumen to assist in the development of analytical processes and solutions. The Intern is responsible for clear communication among business and Arity stakeholders and ensure the project/product is fulfilling all agreed upon criteria when delivered. Additionally, the BAC Intern will be exposed to the ins and out of developing data strategies for predictive analytic applications, fundamental skills of big data, data science and statistical learning methods, and agile delivery methodologies.
The following are the areas of responsibility the BAC Intern will be exposed in some capacity:
- Relationship Management: Understand and ensure collaboration, transparency, alignment and engagement across the stakeholder landscape. Develop communication tools and rhythms that keep the right people informed and aligned to common goals.
- Strategy & Business Consulting: Understand business partner processes, goals, and data environments. Identify where data and analytics can help drive value and influence strategic alignment of Arity and business priorities.
- Program Coordination: Manage and coordinate resources to match the development of data and analytics solutions to business timelines, value goals, and outcomes. Integrate highly complex delivery structures through planning and change management. Help teams identify and resolve challenges.
- Experimentation, Research & Innovation: Keep up with industry and technology developments to identify new analytic tools, methods, and techniques relevant to business needs. Contribute to an enterprise testing mindset, and experiment where possible.
- Data Visualization & Storytelling: Translate data and analytic insights into the language of our business partners. Use technical tools like Tableau and storytelling techniques to connect data and analytics solutions to business priorities for non-technical audiences.
- Technical Support of Analytics Development Life Cycle: High-level analytics/model understanding and design. Basic data set querying, preparation, and manipulation.
- Agile Program Execution: Day-to-day support of activities and stakeholders associated with data and analytics products or solutions, especially in the development and initial launch phases. Utilize tools and methodologies to ensure timely delivery and impact.
- Implementation & User Adoption: Develop and execute change management action plans. Act as a connector and subject matter expert in what it takes to put data and analytics solutions into production.
- Currently purposing a Bachelor’s degree. Studies related to statistics/mathematics, engineering, predictive analytics or data science is a plus.
- Possess quantitative and analytical thinking skills
- Experience with analytical tools, such as SQL, R, Python and Tableau
- Ability to synthesize data into meaningful conclusions and recommendations to business clients
- Ability to support routine analysis
- Effectively communicate concepts, tools and techniques
- Ability to perform in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment
- Ability to assist data and technical projects
Allstate Internship Program:
- Target start date: May/June 2022
- 12-week summer internship program
- An attractive compensation package
- Collaborative team environment
- Planned intern activities; including lunches with Arity officers as keynote speakers
- Volunteer/community service opportunities
- Potential to receive possible full-time employment after graduation
- Exposure to both technical and business partners
- Ability to interpret and measure the impact of predictive models through project experience and training
- Understanding of Allstate’s data and how to access and manipulate
- Ability to execute and implement creative ideas on a timeline, ensuring deadlines are kept
- Communication of project results and status updates to internal and external leadership
The salary for this role will be determined based on the school year you are entering in 2022-2023
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen. That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts and brain breaks. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you. Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment