Best Practice Client Insights Senior Analyst at SPINS LLC
Who we are
For 20 years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
What you will do
The Best Practice Client Insights Senior Analyst will work with clients to help them identify and capitalize on their largest growth opportunities. The Best Practice Analyst will be key in the delivery of strategic analyses, insights, and recommendations based on applying SPINS proprietary assets in combination with each Client’s own information and team members. This includes leveraging the numerous quantitative assets SPINS has developed, as well as the qualitative insights held within the wider SPINS organization. This individual will be working with our client companies to understand their opportunities and develop growth solutions and strategies to capture them. The Analyst must be able to work on multiple projects concurrently, and efficiently leverage resources within SPINS and Client organizations. Experience using syndicated data services and exceptional Excel & PowerPoint skills are key to success.
- Account Management: discover and understand client needs, identify and prioritize projects and requests, and establish insights agenda with the client
- Data & Insights Delivery: deliver against insights agenda through relevant projects
- Client Training: coordinate, facilitate and/or conduct onsite client training on SPINS data and applications, ensuring they are able to effectively use, interpret, and apply them to their business
- Relationship Building: cultivate existing and new relationships across the client’s organization
- Business Development: leverage understanding of client goals, priorities, and needs to introduce relevant SPINS solutions and business development teams
The position reports to the SPINS Director Client Best Practices who is based in Chicago.
What you bring
- Proven self-starter with a goal-oriented approach
- Analytical in approach; ability to spot trends, anomalies and opportunities in data sets
- Strong business acumen with the ability to engage and interact with senior-level leadership within the client’s organization
- Advanced capabilities with Excel and PowerPoint
- Natural industry experience is preferred, but not required
- Experience in the following are strong preferred:
- IRI point-of-sale (POS)
- IRI consumer panel data
- BS/BA degree in Business, Marketing or Information Technology (or related degree)
- 1-3 years of experience with a CPG company, consulting, market research, or syndicated data firm
When we began working from home in March, we were committed to keeping the healthy and active SPINS culture for our employees. Keeping the culture is high priority to us as we have continued to hire and onboard new employees even while we worked remotely. We listen to employee feedback as we plan when and how we will return to the office in the future. While we can’t have some of our favorite in-office perks (plenty of snacks, onsite gym, and bike storage), we’ve continued to find ways to stay true to SPINS:
- Virtual yoga, HIIT, and Kinstretch classes each week
- Each employee is allotted 8 hours to use to volunteer with an organization of their choice.
- Stay connected with other SPINS employees for a weekly PELOTON ride together
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.