Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Continuously evolve our long-term Operational Excellence (OPEX) BI initiatives for Data and Analytics (DNA). Drive adoption at the senior and executive levels in your ability to convey a meaningful data-story by translate raw-data into actionable insights leading to profitable outcomes.
As a BI Architect, you will consult with stakeholders to gather key metrics and other business/operational requirements, work productively and effectively with data owners and stewards towards ensuring optimum data sources, build and implement high-value enterprise BI solutions, present to leadership, track utilization and adoption and continually look for improvement opportunities. Work collaboratively and innovatively with the Tableau Server engineers and Tableau COE members within the BI Tools team to deliver customer-centric products and services to our end-users.
- Should have an expert level understanding of the Tableau ecosystem of tools, including Prep, Conductor, and Catalog, and be able to integrate various type of enterprise-ready data sources and help developers in implementing best practices while developing Tableau solutions
- Candidate should be able to code in a higher level language such as Python
- Familiarity with using SAS to deliver BI solutions and be able to integrate various type of enterprise-ready data sources and help developers in implementing best practices while developing SAS solutions
- Render unambiguous, current, complete and accurate data from disparate systems and technologies to enable profitable, risk appropriate business decisions from domain owners
- Highly analytical, motivated, decisive thought leader with solid critical thinking ability to quickly connect technical and business dots
- Create and manage agile demand management process in Agile sprints to deliver enhancements to departmental and enterprise wide dashboards
- Expert in ‘stitching’ data sources from disparate sources towards a re-usable visual-data-layer
- Design and implement performance tuned BI solutions to ensure they provide the best user experience possible and minimize load on the server
- Has strong communication and organizational skills and ability to deal with ambiguity while juggling multiple priorities & projects at the same time
- Work closely with business partners to help in the design of solutions throughout the company
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work with senior executives and client stakeholders (Level 1 to Level 3 Support)
- Communicates with staff and clients to understand specific system requirements.
- Provides advice on project costs, designs, concepts, and changes.
- Documents design specifications, installation instructions, and other system information.
- Verifies stability, inter-operability, portability, security, and scalability of system architecture.
- Collaborates with technology teams to select appropriate design solutions and ensure the compatibility of system components.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Engineering, or related
- 6+ years of work experience in Application Development/Leadership, or related
- In lieu of degree, 8+ years of work experience in Application Development/Leadership, or related
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 5+ years of experience in IT, Data Analysis, Data Visualization, Metadata Management
- Competent in a higher level coding language such as Python
- Expert level experience in Tableau products and familiar with SAS solutions
- Experience presenting across all levels of organizational structures
- Strong team and leadership skills
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.