Business Analyst Custom Reports at Paylocity
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners – because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The Business Analyst is instrumental in carrying out Paylocity's primary mission of driving client satisfaction by ensuring their needs are fully understood and we are successful in meeting them. Responsible for handling needs assessments, cost/benefits analysis, establishing internal/external relationships, soliciting product and enhancement requirements from end-users to convert requests into a workable solution.
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Creates, analyzes, and validates detailed functional/technical specifications.
- Drives increased use of core system functionality to reduce needs for customization.
- Improves systems by studying current practices, designing modifications.
- Establishes intra- and interdepartmental relationships to prioritize needs, communicate project status and timing expectations.
- Creates internal documentation and training for setup and ongoing support
- Document requirements and create use cases and process models.
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of all system functions/release features
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- At least two years experience in the Payroll and HR Industry (or equivalent experience for Partner Integration)
- Experience in a front-line customer-facing role
Additional criteria for Custom Reports:
- Analyzes and quotes the custom report requests for the Sales Engineer.
- Ability to be available in the BA Phone Queue to help guide Account Managers to a solution of a Custom Report, Standard Report, or Report Writer inquiries
- Experience writing business specifications preferred
- Experience working with company-to-company file transfers preferred
- Knowledge of EDI/XML file security preferred
- Training experience is a plus
- Team Player, collaborating with others to make awesome happen
- Self-Motivated – you like to work hard, play hard.
- Adaptable – quick feet! You can shift priorities if needed.
- Highly Organized – detail-oriented is your thing!
- MS Office applications - are no sweat when it comes to your skillset
As of June 23, 2021: This job excludes CO applicants
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We’ve made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there’s still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.