About Camelot Illinois:
Camelot Illinois operates the Illinois Lottery, a modern enterprise that truly benefits the people of Illinois. We place consumers and social responsibility at our core, providing funding for schools, capital projects and special causes. We are a progressive organization that is reinforcing the lottery’s rightful position as a force for good alongside the State of Illinois.
Camelot Illinois is a subsidiary of Camelot Lottery Solutions, a leading solutions and technology provider to lotteries around the world. Camelot Lottery Solutions digital and data platforms, and services power some of the most innovative and fastest growing lotteries in the world including the Irish and UK National Lotteries, Loterie Romande (Switzerland), and the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery.
Our sister company, Camelot UK, has operated the UK National Lottery since 1994. Camelot UK has an unrivaled track record for success, helping the UK National Lottery deliver over $80 billion to winners and $46 billion to good causes to date.
About the Team:
The Technology team utilizes the latest technological trends to effectively build and manage solutions in an informal, open, collaborative and fast-paced environment.
Within Camelot Illinois, the Business Analyst will be responsible for performing business process and software requirements analysis for Camelot Illinois. The ideal candidate will have experience working in customer-facing roles, providing consultancy and analysis services on a broad range of assignments.
- Prepare requirements plan, manage the overall requirements phase, including stakeholders and third party suppliers
- Perform business process and software requirements analysis on large and commercially important projects
- Perform research and analysis and provide subject matter expertise on technology trends for key capabilities
- Analyze products, suppliers and competitors, and advise on which actions to take
- Possess a variety of analysis techniques that can be adapted to suit different projects and customers
- Define the logical architecture for large product development and implementations
- Independently coordinate and facilitate business information discussions with internal and external stakeholders
- Consult and advise Camelot Illinois’s on a variety of internal and external business systems related topics
- Identify business opportunities and product features for Camelot Illinois’s products, and work with a development team to deliver feature rich solutions.
- Independently analyze and craft execution plans to delegated problems, issues, and escalations
- Ensure all governance documents pertaining to requirements phase are in place
- Support audits as needed
- Supplier management and oversight as needed
- Work directly with different workstream leaders to drive successful completion of efforts
- Contribute towards business analysis process improvements
- Strong experience in a business consultancy or equivalent role
- A proven background in working on software development projects in a requirements analysis role
- Knowledge and/or experience with core technology and infrastructure capabilities (Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), application development and management, and innovation
- Strong facilitation skills and management of variety of stakeholders (third party suppliers, business stakeholders)
- Ability to take a project from inception (idea stage) to detailed requirements and organize a plan to deliver the final working solution.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage several deliverables simultaneously with different stakeholders. Proactive and results-oriented is a must.
- Ability to articulate examples of large multiple system implementation projects in a customer environment
- Experience of working as an analyst with software delivery teams
- Experience of working on multiple and varied projects, delivering a variety of software applications, with lottery or gaming experience being an advantage
- Ability to quickly pick up a new domain
- A professional, credible and measured demeanor
- Engaging, influential, dynamic and authoritative
- Flexible, pragmatic and capable of adapting to customer and project needs
- Capable of operating in wide range of environments, cultures and customer situations
- Preferably have an excellent knowledge of gaming systems or comparable platforms
- Have an excellent knowledge of digital channels and e-commerce products and services
- Have a good understanding of software/application architecture and design methods
- Have sufficient technical skills in order to contribute to the design and architecture of technology solutions
Working For Camelot Illinois
We are a transformative lottery company with world-class people, technology, and operations that is committed to powering possibilities--for our employees, our partners, and our consumers. With grit and determination we believe in doing not just the easy thing but the right thing. The Camelot values of do good, be accountable, stay connected, keep improving, and spark enthusiasm are embedded in the design of our organization and our plans for Illinois.
- Do Good: We care about our communities, our stakeholders, and each other. We act with integrity & honesty, as a positive force for Illinois.
- Be Accountable: we drive results. And we continually strive to get those results more efficiently and effectively.
- Stay Connected: Being open, honest, and collaborative is what makes us, us. This is embodied in our messaging and communications and in how we treat each other.
- Keep Improving: We’re hungry to be better. We innovate and evolve our business, our teams, and ourselves, always with an eye on professional and personal growth.
- Spark Enthusiasm: We incorporate energy and laughter into every aspect of our work to create positive and entertaining experiences.
We want people who thrive in an autonomous, collaborative and results-driven environment to join our company. We believe the way to attract and retain the best talent is to offer a fulfilling experience and meaningful work in an organization committed to growing its people. Learning & Development is a top priority, and we partner with employees to grow and progress their professional skill sets.
Benefits and Employee Policies
We bring our experience of working with European lotteries to Illinois. We also bring a European influence to paid time off, family leave and so on. We have created a strong ethical culture that is translated to each of our employees and business dealings globally. We offer a package of benefits and policies that competes with any private sector employer in the state. We ensure that every employee is engaged and has the necessary support to understand and implement the responsible gaming principles at work.
Moreover, we pledge to have the highest standards of respect, diversity and inclusion at our company and support and encourage our partners to do the same.
Camelot Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.