Business Analyst at SPINS LLC
**This is not a Technical Role**
For 20+ years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
This Business Analyst position will work closely with the sales reps and solution architects to define the goal, scope, and process of winning the big deals. This individual will work to identify the pain points of our client companies in order to develop growth solutions and strategies using SPINS products to capture them. This person will collaborate with the solutions architect to pull the data sets and build the final format in a power point presentation. The Analyst must be able to work on multiple projects concurrently. Experience understanding the sales cycle, prior experience with syndicated data services and exceptional Excel & PowerPoint skills are keys to success. This is a new role built to focus on strategy, data mining, presentation building, to assist the sales teams’ interaction with the clients while gathering info and being a bridge through the process.
What you’ll do
- Build Data Sets for Prospecting and Calls
- Build Decks into Verticals - Client Specific
- Build Vertical Specific Target markets
- Recommend business strategies based on SPINS data insights that will help drive clients to achieve growth, profitability, and competitive success.
- Partner with sales teams on potential cross over or new opportunities identified from existing customers.
- Isolate targeted insights using SPINS solutions that inform and drive growth, while also analyzing and interpreting factors that affect customers’ sales performance.
- Provide training, coaching, and mentoring to the Sales teams, on SPINS solutions with an objective of enabling clients to leverage insights as a catalyst in their business
- Gather and share solution requirements with internal Product teams that address future client needs and highlight current deficits
What you bring
- 3+ years of experience in a sales support role
- 2+ years of experience using data, insight and visualization
- Business and commercial acumen with the ability to engage and interact with senior-level leadership within the client’s organization
- Proven self-starter with a goal-oriented approach
- Data analysis and storytelling - Analytical in approach; ability to spot trends, anomalies and opportunities in data sets
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office; knowledge of CRM software (eg. Salesforce) is required
- Strong ability to manage through influence
- Experience working with syndicated data (preferred SPINS, The Nielsen Co., IRI and/or data in a Consumer-Packaged Goods manufacturing setting)
- Experience in the natural/specialty industry is a plus
- Proven track record of problem-solving and decision making based on analytics; conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present, and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation abilities, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Prior experience in a project manager role is a plus
When we began working from home in 2020, we were committed to keeping the healthy and active SPINS culture for our employees. Keeping the culture is high priority to us as we have continued to hire and onboard new employees even while we worked remotely. We listen to employee feedback as we plan when and how we will return to the office in the future. While we can’t have some of our favorite in-office perks (plenty of snacks, onsite gym, and bike storage), we’ve continued to find ways to stay true to SPINS:
- Virtual yoga, HIIT, and Kinstretch classes each week
- Each employee is allotted 8 hours to use to volunteer with an organization of their choice.
- Stay connected with other SPINS employees for a weekly PELOTON ride together
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.