Business Analyst at Codal
Codal is a user experience design and development agency with a focus on blending an Agile process with the latest technologies. Our clientele has ranged from small business to the Fortune 100, but our philosophy has always remained the same: to empower brand visibility and deliver the most elegant web and mobile solutions possible.
Roles & Responsibilities
Codal is searching for a highly experienced IT business analyst, a strategist with the right combination of technical knowledge and business acumen to provide our clientele with robust, informed solutions. Our ideal candidate will not only conduct rigorous analysis of a business' processes, objectives, and needs, but also translate these goals into functional requirements through comprehensive documentation. They will serve as a liaison between designers, developers, and the client, and recommend decisions based on the insights gained from intensive research.
Candidates must possess a mastery of organization, planning, and project management. You are responsible for ensuring all of our client’s business and technical needs are fully realized during our multi-faceted design and development process. Other responsibilities include:
- Conducting analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into functional system requirements.
- Performing market, data, technical, and technology option analysis and recommendations.
- Creating relevant documentation, including but not limited to, user stories/use cases, wireframes, screen mockups, process flow documents, and data flow diagrams.
- Interfacing with stakeholders to ensure the functional and user design of the systems before and during development.
- Developing, defining & building technology business cases that advance a company’s goals and digital presence
- Evaluating research and recommending technology solutions/processes to improve business decision-making, with a focus on the firm’s core systems, technology strategies and standards.
- Coordinating with Application Development team members, vendors and Project Managers, as appropriate, to review the proposed solution and design to ensure that the requirements are met.
- Working with the QA group to review test plans and ensure requirements are covered.
- Evaluating solutions to ensure they have high scores on usability and user experience design.
Requirements / Must Haves
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- 3+ years of verifiable experience in business analysis/requirements management for a product or system
- Proficiency in mapping business processes to user and functional needs
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle
- Working knowledge of business processes, system development, process improvements and change management.
- Excellent written / verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate in dynamic, fast-paced environment
Why Work For Codal
As a Codal employee, you're a member of a dedicated & driven organization, composed of industry visionaries and auteurs. We take the utmost pride in our work and are truly passionate about the services we provide. As a world-class agency, we offer all of the benefits of an enterprise company, in a friendlier, tight-knit office community.